Know about this? Rate It!
The oratory is that big dome looking thing you see on the mountain. It's a really cool looking place and if you like architecture and/or God stuff, then check it out.
The stairs that go up to Oratory are kinda cool, but can be the showcase for how crazy in my opinion religion can be. There's a lot of stairs....and some devout people would get on their knee's and make their way up all the stairs, saying a prayer on each step, hoping their prayers are answered. I can't blame people for wanting their loved ones to get better, but damn that's gotta hurt the knee's!
Inside the Oratory, you have a beautiful church with great acoustics. If you are lucky enough to hear a choir there (ie: at christmas time) then you'll know what I mean.
The oratory has crutches and canes and chairs on the walls, from those who came here to be cured from their illnesses and who actually were cured....or who suffered pain really quietly....faith can be that strong.
It's a cool place to visit, and I believe it cost a few bucks, but nothing insane. Well worth the visit.
- Religious Travel
The Oratoire Saint-Joseph....
The Oratoire Saint-Joseph. Just behind the Montroyal, 3800, Chemin Queen Mary, Métro : Côtes des neiges
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Montreal Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Eureka Off The Beaten Path
- Shockoe Bottom
- Greenland Off The Beaten Path
- Rapperswil Off The Beaten Path
- Shenzhen Off The Beaten Path
- Zadar Off The Beaten Path
- Sevierville Off The Beaten Path
- Basant Festival
- Saint-Émilion Off The Beaten Path
- Eritrea Off The Beaten Path
- Panama Off The Beaten Path
- Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Off The Beaten Path