Eggspectation, Montreal

by Carmanah
    Place D'Armes
    by MrAviator2u
  • nicolettart's Profile Photo

Eggspectation: Unbelievable Eggs Benedict!

by nicolettart Updated Jan 14, 2004

When I heard of this place, I thought, yeah, so big deal they make eggs. Well, it turned out to be one heck of a breakfast!!I had eggs benedict with smoked salmon that was absolutely amazing! The atmosphere is fun, too, with egg decor everywhere, in a neo-renaissance-medieval kind of way, with wrought iron chandelier and staircase, and of course, fake eggs everywhere. I know it sounds cheesy (pardon the pun!), but it was a great experience.

Favorite Dish: Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon

yum!

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Eggspectation: Eggspectation

by Carmanah Updated Jun 27, 2007

Eggspectation is a funky Montreal-based restaurant chain that focuses on breakfast. They're kind of like an upscale family restaurant... like what would happen if IHOP was a bit more eccentric. Each restaurant has somewhat of a different ambiance. For example, their location near Place D'Armes is reminiscent of the Cirque de Soleil and has a classical carnival type atmosphere inside.

Favorite Dish: I ordered their California scramble, which is a scrambled egg with vegetables on top and hollandaise sauce. However, the previous time I had the "Oy vegg!" which serves poached eggs on top of potato latkes - I'd definitely recommend that if you're hungry!

Drinking coffee at Eggspectation

• Eggspectation: Don't miss their omelettes and English muffins!

by singersongwriter Updated May 5, 2006

This food is special because it just TASTES SO DARN GOOD! And the juices are really tasty too.

Not only the food is good, the staff are kind and the chefs are really cool, as you can watch them live cooking.

Fresh and clean environment, nice design.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is... I can't decide really, but let's say the California Benedict!

• spunkmuffin's Profile Photo

Eggspectation: If you like eggs

by spunkmuffin Written Jul 30, 2008

I really liked this place. It was in two floors, with cool decorations, and a huge menu full of eggy content.

All the foods have names with egg in them too. OK, not all of them, but a lot of them.

- Eggstreme (Smoked salmon, grilled tomatoes and two eggs (any style), with capers, onions and toasted bagel)
    - Eggwhat? (Corned beef hash, two eggs (any style), grilled potatoes, served with toast and chef’s fruit garnish.)
    - Uneggspected (6 oz. Sirloin Steak and two eggs (any style), served with chef’s fruit garnish. Oh Ya!…grilled potatoes and toast.)

And so on.

We had a more sweet-oriented breakfast, with coffee, mimosas, french toast, bagels and brioche.

Opening hours:

• Kindra's Profile Photo

Eggspectation:My favorite...

by Kindra Written Aug 25, 2002

Eggspectation:
    My favorite breakfast/brunch place in Montreal (also found in Ottawa,Dorval Airport and who knows where else!)
    They're open for breakfast at 6 and until 3 or 4 in the afternoon and I have always found it to be a busy, hip atmosphere. The decor is happy and lively and the food is really good and just seems healthy!

Favorite Dish: I like the omelets.. the food is very good, just typical american breakfast stuff but lots of variety, color and freshness.

• tuoedisni1's Profile Photo

Eggspectation: Get the Flambe!

by tuoedisni1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a great breakfast place with the biggest menu. It takes just as long to go through the menu as it does to eat your food. I've been to two so far (Laurier and Laval) and the food at both is fantastic. The one on Laurier has a big patio.
    I did find it a little expensive for breakfast food, but not enough to stop me from returning. It's a little over $10 pp depending on what you order.

Favorite Dish: I HIGHLY recommend the signature dish "Eggcitement". It's a banana and strawberry french toast flambe... yummy! (Calories? What calories?)

• Eggspectations: Lowered my Eggspectations.

by ms.Ella Written Mar 12, 2010

We arrived hoping to have an enjoyable brunch on a Friday around noon and instead found ourselves with over-cooked eggs, bitter coffee, and a staff who wouldn't utter a word to us. After having been lead up the stairs (with a notable limp) by a rushed hostess and left for a good 20 minutes before a waiter came to us, my boyfriend asked if we could have some bread while we awaited our meal (as many of the tables around us had). We were told bread was not included in our meal, and it turns out, polite service was not either. No one ever came by to ask how the food was or if we needed anything, or to give a coffee refill. The meal was adequate, we got what we asked for but later my boyfriend was hungry and complaining of stomach cramps. If you're looking to spend a little extra for a treat, it might be a good idea to keep looking. I suspect that service may have been better on the first floor of the establishment.

Favorite Dish: The salmon eggs benny that we had was average.

• nicolettart's Profile Photo

Eggspectation: Egg Decor

by nicolettart Updated Jan 13, 2004

How many eggs can you count in this picture?~~here's my husband standing next to the chandelier of eggs~~haha! This place was fun~good food, good service.

Eggspectation

Instant Answers: Montreal

Comments

Hotels Near Eggspectation
3.5 out of 5 stars