Places to eat in Montreal

Most Viewed Restaurants in Montreal

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

St. James Pub: Cozy Pub

by Bwana_Brown Written Nov 8, 2003

While returning to the Delta Hotel after our walk around Old Montreal, we decided that we would stop for lunch a half-hour early at a hole-in-the-wall Pub called the St. James. This was only about a block from the hotel and things were not too busy in the elongated room when we entered. The service was fast and friendly and we enjoyed the ambiance of the establishment, with its long bar along one-side of the room. It was not long before the pub began to fill up with customers such that, by the time our meal arrived it was already nearly full. We were glad that we had managed to beat the rush but it was also fun to sit there and watch the noon-hour crowd do its thing!

Favorite Dish: We both had fried sole with a salad, mine washed down by a Rickard's Red beer and while my wife had a glass of white wine. The cost was US$21 including a tip.

• Business Travel

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

South Asian food

by fairy_dust Updated Oct 21, 2004

There is a nice place that has Vietnamese food. I can't remember the name for the life of me though... But I remember it's in Outremont, within walking distance of Outremont street. It was nice and quiet, and the food was great. I went there with my aunt and a friend of mine who now lives in Montreal, and we all liked the food. Also, there are vegetarian options, my friend is a vegetarian and he was able to find something he liked.

• Study Abroad
    • School Holidays

• Jennyjump79's Profile Photo

Chinatown?

by Jennyjump79 Written Sep 11, 2004

Sure, there are quite a few Chinese restaurants on this three-block square section of town, but most of the restaurants are actually Vietnamese. The one we stumbled upon (next to a closed Chinese restaurant on the western side of the street) was so good that we ate there twice!

Favorite Dish: My barbequed pork meal came in a bowl with noodles, salad, crispy spring rolls and the pork all mixed together. Might sound strange, but tasted wonderful, and was huge, besides. The complimentary pho soup was also very tasty.

Guarding the Entrance

• Nathy-Paris's Profile Photo

Try the famous 'tail of...

by Nathy-Paris Written Sep 15, 2002

Try the famous 'tail of beaver' (queue de castor) ! But be carreful not to spread chocolate everywhere :-)

Montreal Hotels

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Alexandrie
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews

Instant Answers: Montreal

Comments

Montreal Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Montreal locals.
Map of Montreal