Soto., Montreal

by Stellaluna
  • Stellaluna's Profile Photo

Soto.: Pass the Sake

by Stellaluna Updated Jul 29, 2004

The moment you step into Sozo you know you are in store for a fine dining experience. The decor is elegant and truly sophisticated. There are several levels to the wait staff: the server, the waiter in charge of the sake, the waiter/busboy and the head waiter. Food is prepared at an open cooking area adjacent to the dining room.

We ordered from the sushi menu and our waiter was very helpful. Our selections were delicious and plentiful. The sake flowed and we had a marvelous time.

Dress is casual since most people will find themselves out on the town after their wondeful meal.

Favorite Dish: Tuna, yellowtail, salmon, crab and shrimp were all fabulous. The tempura and makis were unstoppable!

Be sure to pull up a seat at the sushi bar and sit back and watch the chef's create your meal.

• Soto was a Japanese Steakhouse...

by Skipperr Written Aug 25, 2002

Soto was a Japanese Steakhouse that had excellent Sushi. I was a sushi 'Virgin' until that night and now I am wishing I lived somewhere that offered excellent sushi (perhaps I need to learn to make it myself).

Favorite Dish: The sushi 'beginners plater' was a good place to start. They also have a good selection for wines and the deserts were wonderful.

Instant Answers: Montreal

Comments

Hotels Near Soto.
2.5 out of 5 stars