Cirque du Soleil, Montreal

by asturnut
  • asturnut's Profile Photo

Cirque du Soleil

by asturnut Updated Apr 4, 2011

I saw the Cirque du Soleil perform "Alegria" 10 years ago, before anyone had ever heard of it, or they were doing much performing outside of it's hometown in Montreal. I can tell you that as a performer myself, seeing the Cirque du Soleil changed my life and the way I view performance. It is an experience that is really hard to explain-- it transcends the boundries of language and culture and touches your soul. If you don't know what Cirque du Soleil is... literally it means circus of the sun. But trust me when I say it is not like any circus you've ever imagined. It is an artfully put together program that weaves together a story through music, costume, acrobatics, dance, humor and contortionism. There's no elephants or popcorn, it's just not that kind of circus. It's simply amazing.

I saw "Alegria" performed again in Philadelphia about 10 years after I had first seen it. It was just as fantastic as I remembered. The past few times I have seen Cirque, we splurged and bought Tapis Rouge (Red Carpet) tickets. They are quite expensive, but absolutely worth it. In addition to premium seating, parking, a free brochure, a CD, appetizers, dessert, wine, beer, champagne and access to the Tapis Rouge tent are all included. This makes for an excellent value when you factor in all you get.

Cirque big-top Setting the stage for Alegria Cirque's logo Tapis Rouge tent Authentic Cirque hand made mask

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Spectacular Cirque du Soleil!!!

by Marisola Updated Jan 22, 2011

The Cirque du Soleil (Circus of the Sun) is an interesting, exciting and fascinating show, based right here in Montreal, and is now shown all over the world!!! In Las Vegas alone, performances are shown to over 9,000 people per night!!! There's a reason so many people are interested in the Cirque du Soleil. It's fantastic!!!

There are many different shows and venues, so check their website for more details. When I saw the Cirque du Soleil, they performed their show "Quidam," at the Bell Centre. It was superbe! In the future, they have upcoming shows "Totem," and "Michael Jackson's Immortal" planned. If you're in town, and you have the chance, don't miss it!

Cirque du Soleil Lights Cirque du Soleil Finale Cirque du Soleil Performance
    • Music
    • Theater Travel

• lotta29's Profile Photo

Cirque du Soleil - Don't miss this!

by lotta29 Updated Apr 2, 2005

Montreal is the home of the world famous circus group Cirque du Soleil. If you happen to be in town when they have a show (this year between 21st of April and 19th of June) I'm telling you it's worth it to pay for that super expensive ticket! I went to see the spectacle called Dralion and just couldn't believe the acrobatics they were doing! You can see they've really made an effort to make the show perfect with the costumes, the music and everything. This is real entertainment!

Instant Answers: Montreal