Carnaval de Quebec, Quebec

Know about this? Rate It!

BONHOMME CARNIVAL
    by Simonneeddy
  • KarenandCory's Profile Photo

CARNAVAL de QUEBEC

by KarenandCory Written Aug 1, 2005

Favorite thing: Carnaval de Quebec is a winter carnival in the heart of the old Quebec. It takes place annually from late January to early February and continues for 17 days.

Fondest memory: 1992
    Went to Carnaval de Quebec on a school trip with my college. We were only there a couple of days. I would love to return and spend more time.
    A classmate of mine had icicles on her eyelashes it was sooo cold. I don't know if the temperature was unusual but it was the coldest I've been in my life. And I grew up in New England and have been to Iceland. Someone told us it was 30 degrees below zero... not sure if that was really how cold but BRRRRR. A week later I was on a family trip to Bermuda and the temperature difference made it seem even more cold than it actually was.

I was in college and drinking was a popular activity of my classmates. One of my most vivid memories is walking around Quebec at night drinking alchohol out of a Bonhomme walking stick thing.

I have to go back to the winter carnival as an adult, not surrounded by girls who only went on this trip to drink. I regret not seeing more of the actual Carnival.

• Festivals
    • School Holidays

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo

VISIT during the Winter...

by Simonneeddy Written Nov 29, 2002

BONHOMME CARNIVAL

Favorite thing: VISIT during the Winter Carnival. Here we see 'BONNEHOMME CARNIVAL'

Fondest memory: Participating in the Winter Carnival at Quebec City and all the great outdoor and indoor activities.

Instant Answers: Quebec