Pub Saint-Patrick, Quebec

1200 rue Saint-Jean 418-694-0618

Know about this? Rate It!

Pub Saint-Patrick
  • Paul2001's Profile Photo

Pub Saint-Patrick: A Generic Irish Pub

by Paul2001 Written Jul 26, 2012
    Pub Saint-Patrick

I thought that I would venture into Pub Saint-Patrick because looked pretty busy which is suppose to mean that it is good. The pub is larger than you can tell from this picture. There is one section that is more a sit down restaurant and another which is more a pub for a drink. I decided for the latter. There was music playing that night in the pub but it was very bad. For one thing it was not Celtic and just some guys playing pop songs rather poorly. I mean if you are going to sing "Eleanor Rigby" should you not at least know the lyrics (they are not difficult to memorize). The only thing I liked in this pub was I met some nice locals.

Dress Code: Casual

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Pub Saint-Patrick: Irish Ice Hockey?

by johngayton Updated Oct 22, 2009
    Location On The Corner of rue Couillard

I'm not a big fan of "Irish Pubs" - outside of Ireland that is. Once you've experienced the real thing then nothing else is comparable. However as pubs go the St Patrick, in the middle of the Old City, is a characterful, friendly place to drop by for an odd beer or two.

The pub is a labyrinth of rooms, with seating for about 300, and by all accounts gets busy busy on Friday and Saturday nights when they have live music. The food menu looks quite good and not too kitschy.

The most amusing aspect that I noticed on my one and only visit, early on a Saturday evening, was the guys sitting watching the ice-hockey!

• Music

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Pub Saint-Patrick: An Irish night in Quebec City!

by Jefie Updated Jan 14, 2007

Pub Saint-Patrick in Quebec City

Historically, the Irish have played a very important role in the development of the city so it is only befitting that we should have a really great Irish pub! The Pub Saint-Patrick is located in a nice old building that used to be an apothecary shop. The first floor has more of a restaurant feel, while the basement, with its low vaults, is definitely more pubbish. The pub offers good food at a good price, has a great selection of beer, and there's live Irish music every Friday and Saturday night. And of course, you won't want to miss celebrating St. Patty's day at the Pub, or the traditional 6 months to St. Patrick's Day celebrations!

I always order the same drink when I go there: a pint of Black Velvet. It seems that you can't get this drink everywhere (judging by the reaction I got when I ordered one at a pub in Winchester, UK) so I'll describe it for you: it's half Guinness, half Strongbow (apple cider). It takes away some of the bitterness of the beer, but at the same time it's not too sweet. And it looks great in the glass!

Dress Code: Very casual

• juniperjune's Profile Photo

Saint Patrick Irish Pub: Irish Eyes are a Smilin'

by juniperjune Written Jan 13, 2007
    Moi

We chose this place to eat because of the name. We had previously gone to Pub Saint-Alexandre for a pitcher of beer. So, we decided to continue the theme through dinner. The food was great, and the ambiance was charming.
    The lighting was soft and cozy. There is a lit up sign counting down the days to St Patrick's day!
    You have a good choice of Irish beers, which you must try! As well, their menu is varied and they have an authentic irish grub!

Dress Code: Causual, relaxed

• chodearm's Profile Photo

St. Patricks Pub: Another Irish Pub

by chodearm Written Jun 2, 2005

Nothing special here except a couple beers that were new to my pallette. St. Amboise Oatmeal Stout looked dark and thick like molasses or Guiness and I had a Kilkenny which was yet another thick lager that had beautiful taste. I'm not one for sports bars where the whole crowd is craning their necks towards the evil television, that low roar of a large spectator crowd in the stadium over-powering the whole atmosphere. I think you can find a place like this in almost any nook or crannie of the world.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

St. Patrick Irish Pub: Great Irish Pub

by jamiesno Written Feb 4, 2005

St. Patrick Irish Pub on Rue Saint Jean

Around the world I enjoy Irish Pub's the best no matter where they are too. The drinking irish culture is very similar to our own in Newfoundland and Labrador and Quebec City had a great Irish Pub on Rue Saint Jean.

It was huge and I'd love to get back there on a weekend. There is usually live music there on the weekends and bigger crowds I am sure.

Happy hour is from 5 - 7 daily :-)

Dress Code: Didn't notice any code :-)

Instant Answers: Quebec