Know about this? Rate It!
Notre Dame du Cap de La Madeleine
A few kilometres out of Quebec, we stopped by the St. Lawrence river, in a wide area dominated by a big and modern church.
It's a famous pilgrimage destination since a long time, still keeping some of the old small churches in the surrounding gardens.
- Historical Travel
Chemin du Roy
If you are driving down from Montreal, I would suggest going on Highway 40 until Trois-Rivières, and then get on the Chemin du Roy (Route 138, you'll see blue signs on the Highway). Dating back to New France, it is one of the oldest road in Quebec and it will take you through the Portneuf region and its many picturesque villages. You can stop for lunch at the bistro La Faim du Roy in Deschambault-Grondines (234 Chemin du Roy, 418-286-2468), go for a walk in Cap-Sante... and don't forget to bring your camera!
- Road Trip
If you are on the Chemin du Roy, don't miss Cap Sante and it's historic Vieux-Chemin: characterized as one of the 20 most beautiful streets in Canada.
This street is full of typical historic country houses, such as this one.
Chemin du Roy
On our way back from Quebec to Montreal, instead of taking the highway, we took le chemin du Roy (King's roadway) , which is a beautiful road to take to see the countryside. Lots of people make this a biking trip.
Plenty of pictures to come...
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Quebec Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dipolog City Hotels
- Cairns Hotels
- New York State
- Fiji Hotels
- Sandusky Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path