Know about this? Rate It!
The Kabir Kouba waterfalls park in Wendake
Some people who drive up to the Huron-Wendat First Nations village are a bit disappointed to see how "normal" it looks. Although it is possible to visit ONHOÜA CHETEK8E (http://www.huron-wendat.qc.ca/), a traditional Huron site that has been reconstructed for visitors, most First Nations members have adopted a North American lifestyle many, many decades ago. But one of the things that make it worth driving up to Wendake is the Kabir Kouba waterfalls park. "Kabir Kouba" means "River of a thousand bends and curves", and there is a walking/hiking trail that makes it possible to follow the river, starting at the 28 m
high waterfalls. You can choose to walk through the park on your own for free, or if you wish to learn more about the history, geology, flora and fauna of the site, you can go on a 1h15 guided tour for only $5. After you've worked up a bit of an appetite, I highly recommend having lunch or dinner at La Sagamite (http://www.wendake.com/sagamite/), where you'll be able to discover and enjoy authentic native dishes.
The Kabir Kouba Interpretation Centre is located at 14 rue St-Armand, in Wendake (check out the Website for directions).
- Hiking and Walking
Traditional Huron Site
If you would like to see the peoples of the first nation in Canada, you can visit their place. We have Huron Wendake village. It's just 15 min. by car from the old part of the city. To go there you can take the city bus too. Just ask at the tourist information, they will help you.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Quebec Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lake Huron Beach Hotels
- Sliema Hotels
- Puerto Galera
- Scottsdale Hotels
- Lake Erie Beach Hotels
- Chiang Mai
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path