Au Petit Coin Breton, Quebec

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Au Petit Coin Breton: Au Petit Coin Breton

by jamiesno Written Feb 4, 2005

Waitress at Au Petit Coin Breton

The Au Petit Coin Breton was located right next to the Auberge international de Quebec on Rue Saint Jean and the ambiance of this place was great again.

You could see the chef cooking the crepes, I got a window seat perfect for just relaxing and watching people walk the streets of old Quebec.

The staff where also dressed in the theme of Old Brittany France. The costumes where great and the service was obviously top notch!

Favorite Dish: I am telling you the food is great in Quebec City. Here I had fondued cheese as an appatizer, a crab and shrimp crepe with melted cheese and rice as my main course and a crepe with maple syrup for desert.

It was all awesome!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Au Petit Coin Breton: Strike two for crepes

by Dabs Written Jul 17, 2006

Au Petit Coin Breton on Grand Allee

Still craving a dessert crepe after the disappointing creperie the night before, we headed here after dinner at Cafe au Bonnet d'Ane and a very long walk. There's a bit of kitsch here, the wait staff is all dressed in period costumes

The crepes were quite a bit more expensive here than Casse Crepe Breton, over $6 CAD for a small dessert crepe, around $9 for a grande, so I thought perhaps the quality would be quite a bit better.

Favorite Dish: We tried dessert crepes, I had a banana chocolate icre cream crepe and David had one with maple filling. He enjoyed his, I thought mine was alright but I still wasn't in crepe heaven. That would have to wait until Montreal.

• Lilymaid's Profile Photo

Au Petit Coin Breton: Holy crap I love crepes now

by Lilymaid Written Apr 1, 2004

I hated crepes. Seriously. Then my husband talked me in to going to get some at this little place (it is a chain-- we visited just one (several times!) in the walled city). Even after 9 p.m., there was always a line! There's barely any seating and there's no rhyme or reason to the seating order. BUT IT IS WORTH IT. There were people of all ages, sizes, and nationalities eating there. They have more meal-type (savory) crepes as well as sweet, dessert crepes. By the way, the name is pronounced 'luh puhTEE kwah BREH toh' -- and French up that 'r' while you're at it!

Favorite Dish: The apple, ice cream and maple butter crepe. Made me go down the street and buy a bunch of maple butter to bring home. Yet... still doesn't taste the same!!!!

• alsport's Profile Photo

Au Petit Coin Breton: Authentic touch in the midst of tourism

by alsport Written Aug 1, 2006

This restaurant in located on one of the bustling tourist streets in Old Quebec but once you enter, you lose sight of that fact. The waitresses dress the part and the food also sets itself apart of the usual wanna-be restaurants that you tend to find in tourist traps.
    Crepes...of all kinds are the main dish there and they cook them to perfection. They also have escargot, which is quite delicious (I didn't try it...my friend did and she loved it).
    The ambiance was good the workers were friendly (it helps if you speak french but they won't kick you out of you don't) and it was an overall satisfying experience.

Favorite Dish: I had a crepe with spinich and seafood in an Alfredo-type of sauce. Good-sized portion and very tasty.

Instant Answers: Quebec

Comments

Hotels Near Au Petit Coin Breton
4.5 out of 5 stars