Casse-Crepe Breton, Quebec

3.5 out of 5 stars 10 Reviews

1136 rue Saint-Jean 418-692-0438

Le Casse-Crepe Breton
    by Blatherwick
  • Chef cooking Crepe at Casse Crepe Breton!
    Chef cooking Crepe at Casse Crepe...
    by jamiesno
    a nice light supper of crepes, anyone?
    by richiecdisc
  • King_Golo's Profile Photo

Casse-Crêpe Breton: Crepes for the afternoon

by King_Golo Written Nov 25, 2007

In case you're in the need for crepes à la Francaise, you should check out this place. Casse-Crêpe Breton offers a large selection of Breton-style crepes and this the whole day long! The food is good, service is alright.

Favorite Dish: I had a sweet crepe which was so thickly covered with jam I could hardly swallow it... maybe I was too full already!?

• Karlie85's Profile Photo

Casse Crepe-Breton: So Many Varieties of Crepes

by Karlie85 Updated Sep 8, 2007

The restaurant itself was nothing out of the ordinary or special, nor were the waitresses. What's really special about this restaurant is, of course, the crepes. You can choose from a menu of over 20 fillings, from cheese to asparagus, pepperoni to onion to tomato sauce, or you can choose from one of their suggested combinations. The prices are very reasonable, considering that the crepes are rather large. A crepe with 5 fillings was about $7. There is also a dessert menu. We didn't have any, but the desserts I saw at the table next to us looked huge and really good.

Apparently, this is a very popular restaurant, but it wasn't too busy when we were there. That didn't stop the waitresses from being less than polite, however. They just dropped our food on the table and forgot about our drink order. It is still worth checking out.

You can sit right where the crepes are being made and watch, or sit at a regular table.

Favorite Dish: Crepes! Any combination is yummy!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Casse-Crepe Breton: An off night perhaps?

by Dabs Written Jul 17, 2006

I thought for sure that this restaurant would be a sure thing, the guidebooks highly recommended it and I saw it recommended enthusiastically several times on pages here on VT. When we got there, a line had formed out the door which I understand is pretty typical for this place so we went down the street for some poutine at Chez Ashton to tide us over and then came back to wait for a table, it was probably well after 9:30 pm at this point but we were there right in the middle of Quebec's Summer Festival and rue St. Jean is the main street running through the Upper town of Old Quebec.

After about 15 minutes we were seated, a pleasant if not a bit harried waitress took our order and we sat there in anticipation of our first wonderful crepe in Quebec and perused the dessert menu for what we were going to eat after we finished with our main course.

Favorite Dish: You can order crepes in any combination, they are priced by the number of ingredients and the menu gives you recommended combinations. I opted for a 2 ingredient crepe with bacon and cheese. When it arrived, the crepe was clearly overcooked and really dry, the fillings weren't enough to cover the crepe, I ended up leaving 1/2 the crepe on my plate because it wasn't filled with anything. I probably should have sent it back but they were so busy. David's wasn't any better than mine, he ordered a three ingredient crepe and had the same problem I did.

Needless to say, we skipped dessert.

When I mentioned to one of the staff at the tourist bureau that we had a bad experience there, she was incredibly surprised. I'm not sure what caused the food to be so bad the day we were there, maybe they were short staffed because of the Festival? Yes, it was busy, but reportedly it's always that busy. All I can say was this was the worst meal we had in our 5 days in Quebec/Montreal.

• supercarys's Profile Photo

Casse-Crepe Breton: My Favourite Restaurant In The World

by supercarys Updated Apr 4, 2006

This restaurant specialises in crepes. There are many varieties to coose from including savoury like cheese or bacon and egg and sweet like maple syrup, butter and sugar, strawberry, banana, chocolate. They also have a nice apple cider.

The window seats are the best because the windows open straight onto the street, you can stick your head out and have a good look while you're waiting the short while for your food to arrive.

It has a great atmosphere and is usually quite full. but worth the wait. There may be a short line of people waiting to get in but we never had to wait more than 5 minutes.

Favorite Dish: My absolute favourite is the strawbwerry with maple syrup - fraises sirop de'rable (I think!)

You have to try it!

• Blatherwick's Profile Photo

Le Casse-Crepe Breton: Want Crepes?

by Blatherwick Written Jan 1, 2006

This is a great little place to pick up some crepes. It's best to get a seat by the window if you can and watch the people go by. The staff both serve and make the crepes making the service a bit slow but it does give you more time to enjoy a beer or a good conversation. You pay depending on how many ingredients but it is very cheap for the quality. Soups, salads, and sandwiches are as inexpensive as the crepes.

Le Casse-Crepe Breton

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Casse Crepe Breton: Great Crepes!

by jamiesno Written Feb 4, 2005

For breakfast I found yet another great restaurant just moments away from the Auberge internationale de Quebec.

Casse Crepe Breton was a beautifully kept restaurant with great staff and service. I enjoyed being able to smell and see my crepe being made.

Favorite Dish: I had a ham, cheese and mushroom crepe and it was great. Every last bit of it :-)

Chef cooking Crepe at Casse Crepe Breton!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Casse Crepe Breton: a warm welcome...

by richiecdisc Written Nov 15, 2003

This is a cool little place with a bustling atmosphere and a simple menu. The waitresses make the food as well as serve it so they are always running around and a bit behind. It's a fun place to eat and the service if very friendly if a bit slow.

Favorite Dish: The specialize in crepes and you get charged by how many ingredients you have. Five ingredients is CAN$5.75 and so on. They also have some nice beers on tap, of course. ;=)

a nice light supper of crepes, anyone?

• Canadienne's Profile Photo

Le Casse Crepe Breton: Breakfast in Vieux Quebec

by Canadienne Written Apr 20, 2003

You can get fabulous crepes here filled with any of: fruit, cheese, veggies and meats. The food was tasty, very filling and much cheaper than breakfast at our hotel. :-)

Favorite Dish: I had a mushroom and cheese crepe (boring!). . .but it was super and I'd have it again in a minute.

• Casse Crepe Breton: Casse Crepe Breton

by PrairieDee Written Aug 25, 2002

This is a great little restaurant in old upper town. The food is fabulous and the prices are very reasonable, almost cheap. You may get lucky and sit along the counter and you can watch them prepare, or maybe you'll sit at one of the window tables with the shutters open. You may have to wait in line, but the wait is worth it. Yum, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Favorite Dish: Crepes for breakfast, crepes for lunch, crepes for supper, crepes for dessert. I think you understand why I like this restaurant.

• Poohgirl_007's Profile Photo

Cass-Crêpe Breton: Cass-Crêpe Breton

by Poohgirl_007 Written Aug 25, 2002

This place serves crepes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. The portions are large and the prices are fairly cheap. For meals, you can have combinations of fillings like onions, cheese, ham, and vegetables. For dessert, there are fresh fruit fillings.

Instant Answers: Quebec

Comments

Hotels Near Casse-Crepe Breton
4.5 out of 5 stars