Galerie sur le Parc, Quebec

2 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

1225 Cours du Général-De Montcalm 418-647-2222

• The View out the Window - Plains of Abraham
    The View out the Window - Plains of...
    by Bwana_Brown
  • Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

'Galerie sur Le Parc' in Loews: An Expensive View!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 21, 2004

The View out the Window - Plains of Abraham

Quebec City is one time zone west of New Brunswick, so I was up way too early for the 9 AM start of my scheduled meeting. I figured that I would stroll on down to the Lobby of Loews le Concorde Hotel to see what they had to offer for breakfast.

When I arrived, they seemed to be in a bit of disarray even though they had opened a half-hour earlier. The greeter took me to one part of the restaurant but was told by one of the other staff to go somewhere else, even though no other customers were there. That was OK because he sat me out at street level - I had a great view out over the taxis waiting to serve customers with the Plains of Abraham in the background.

Favorite Dish: I was going to order the standard bacon and eggs breakfast, but when I looked at the menu they did not seem to have that readily available. The next best bet was just to partake of their buffet breakfast. I got my usual few pieces of bacon, some very sloppy looking scrambled eggs, some home fries and the waitress served me a pot of coffee and some slices of toast. However, I was surprised that, even without juice, the cost came to C$19!!!! I guess they figure they are not going to lose money on people who are into the 'all you can eat' scene!

• Business Travel