Le Lapin Saute, Quebec

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 5 Reviews

52 rue Petit-Champlain 418-628-1313

• Le Lapin Saute
    by Jim_Eliason
  • Back for brunch with another VTer, tayloretc :o)
    Back for brunch with another VTer,...
    by Jefie
  • With French VTer Deborah at Le Lapin Sauté
    With French VTer Deborah at Le Lapin...
    by Jefie
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

Le Lapin Saute: My favorite restaurant in Le Petit Champlain

by Jefie Written Nov 7, 2009

With French VTer Deborah at Le Lapin Saut��

There are many, many great restaurants in the Petit Champlain area, but my personal favourite is Le Lapin Saute. First, I really like the atmosphere: Le Lapin Saute is located in a small and cosy historic home at the heart of the Petit Champlain shopping district. As soon as you step in, you get the feeling that you've gone back in time and have been invited to dine at an old country inn. Second, the food is excellent! This is probably the best place to go in Quebec City to enjoy local fine cuisine. Of course, there are plenty of rabbit dishes ("Lapin" means rabbit), but there's also a nice selection of chicken, fish, meat and vegetarian dishes, all cooked using the best local products. The restaurant is quite small (there's room for about 30 people) so reservations are usually necessary. In the summertime there's more room thanks to the restaurant's really nice outdoor terrace.

Favorite Dish: For lunch I love the Croque-monsieur; for dinner my favorite dish is the chicken and potato gratin.

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

Le Lapin Saute: French-Canadian Country Dining

by cruisingbug Written Oct 11, 2004

Rabbits rule at Le Lapin Saute, Quebec City

On the recommendation of a fellow VT member, we chose Le Lapin Saute for our first night in Quebec City.

Since the restaurant is located along rue du Petit Champlain, we chose a table right on the cobblestone street. However, it looked quite cozy inside as well, and there were also tables in the courtyard adjoining Parc Felix-Leclerc.

The food is country French, with rabbit (le lapin) being the specialty. Service was a bit slow and unresponsive (might have been better if we'd been inside?). English menus were available.

Favorite Dish: I tried the rabbit duet - came with two sauces: one mustard and one apple. They tasted different from each other, but not mustardy or apply. The rabbit was very tender - I don't remember if I'd ever had rabbit before, but I could tell it wasn't chicken.

The BEST thing I sampled was the snails in filo. Perfect blend of possibly goat cheese, pate, and definitely chopped snail, folded into filo dough.

• Stellaluna's Profile Photo

Le Lapin Saute: Sweet Treats

by Stellaluna Written Jul 26, 2004

We did not have dinner at Le Lapin Saute but we did choose two delicious desserts to take back to our hotel. The restaurant was jammed pack at 9 PM but as soon as we entered a waitress asked if we wanted to dine. We asked for a menu to check out the desserts and decided on them rather quickly.

Favorite Dish: I can highly recommend the apple pie and the chocolate mousse. The apple pie has sugar creme on the inside and was just wonderful. The chocolate mousse was surrounded by raspberry sauce.

• Le Lapin Saute: Palatable Rabbit

by Phalaenopsis03 Updated Jun 8, 2003

Treat yourself to delicious dining at this charming little country restaurant that's warm and cozy. With a distinctive menu specializing in rabbit dishes (sorry for all you vegetarians and Thumper lovers) this place is sure to please the palate.

Try other Le Groupe Restors Plaisirs in Quebec City which include Le Café du Monde, Cochon Dingue, and Jaune Tomate.

Favorite Dish: I happen to have ordered the duck leg dish which came with garlic potatoes and a salad. Yummy!

• vanessadb's Profile Photo

Le Lapin Saute: A typical cute little bistro

by vanessadb Updated Sep 17, 2002

The restaurant is located in the middle of the touristy Petit-Champlain area, and its terrace overlooks one of its charming main pedestrian street.

Favorite Dish: They specialize in rabbit dishes, but the Savoyard-style grated cheese plates are delicious. Also, save some space for the desserts: they're excellent!

Instant Answers: Quebec

Comments

Hotels Near Le Lapin Saute
2.5 out of 5 stars