Pub Saint-Alexandre, Quebec

by King_Golo
    The Place is Heating Up
    by Bwana_Brown
  • King_Golo's Profile Photo

Pub St. Alexandre: ... and another one!

by King_Golo Written Nov 25, 2007

Yet another pub in Québec's old town that I can really recommend. This one is pretty crowded at night and the crowd is really international - I heard like 5 different languages when I was there. This might mean that it's basically a tourist place, but nonetheless I was very satisfied.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed a great pasta dish (all' Arrabiata)

Pub St. Alexandre

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Pub St. Alexandre: A Touch of Ireland

by Bwana_Brown Updated Nov 1, 2005

After a brief wander around Vieux Quebec during our first afternoon in the city, we stumbled upon the Pub St. Alexandre by chance. It looked inviting and was only moderately busy at just before 5 PM local time on a Thursday, so we went in and found ourselves a seat in an elevated back corner area. The longer we sat there enjoying our first round of drinks, the more relaxed we became with the wonderful atmosphere in this English-style pub with rows and rows of beers from all over the world.

Favorite Dish: After a while, we checked with the manager to see if we could actually order something to eat at our perch. He said OK, as long as it was nothing too elaborate. Great, we went ahead and ordered what turned out to be a very enjoyable meal. I had some very delicious crispy chicken wings (12 for C$9.50) while the two ladies had small Chicken Ceasar Salads (C$7 each). The ladies had a couple of glasses of white wine each (C$4.13 per glass) while I started out with a pint of Guinness (C$6.50 or US$5.20) while we surveyed the scene. For my meal, I switched to a very nice local brew on tap, a Boreale Rousse (C$5). We were very impressed with our experience here, watching it gradually become busier as the work crowd arrived. Later, I learned that this pub is rated as one of the top in Quebec City, but it certainly was not too pricey! The whole bill, for the 3 of us, only came to C$66 (US$53 including the tip).

Pub St. Alexandre Exterior

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Pub St. Alexandre: Fantastic Atmosphere

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jun 4, 2005

From our previous experience at Pub St. Alexandre, we decided we would be wise to call ahead with a reservation for 6 PM. Sure enough, when we arrived things were starting to pick up, because this was now a Friday night! This time we were sat down at a proper table for our meal and had a great time talking and watching the activities while we waited for our food order. The photo shows their bar area with the rows of imported beers on the left side.

Favorite Dish: This time, both ladies ordered the Quiche Lorraine & Salad (C$8.50 each) while I decided to try their Pub Sandwich (C$9), which consisted of ham, turkey, swiss cheese, lettuce and tomatoe served on a herb focacia bread. While the ladies split a 1/4 litre of white wine (C$7), I decided to try a pint of Irish Kilkenny beer (C$6.50). We all once again really enjoyed our time in this Pub! It has a lot of atmosphere and a warm cosy setting. Total cost for three with a tip was C$55 (US$44).

The Place is Heating Up