Tutto Gelato, Quebec

by Jefie
  • Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

TUTTO GELATO: Nice Italian-style ice cream

by Laura_Mexico Updated Apr 16, 2013

My trips have taught me something: in most of the places I've ever been to - including Mexico City, my hometown, itself - there's at least one ice cream parlor that claims to serve "genuine italian ice cream". Of course, I've never tasted a real Italian ice cream outside of Italy, but there have been places where I've been really pleased with the ice creams I've eaten.

TUTTO GELATO has really nice ice cream. They feature, as usual, the typical italian flavors (stracciatella, bacio, cappuccino) and also "local versions" of italian ice cream (e.g. you'd never find a maple syrup ice cream in Italy). The one I had here was pretty tasty and good sized as well. They have a good variety of flavors and I think they even have different kinds of cones.

Since it was the beginning of the spring, they even gave me a card which I could stamp every time I bought an ice cream, and the 10th cone (or something like that) would be free. It's too bad I didn't have enough time to buy all those ice creams and get my free cone LOL. I gave my card to a French friend I had met during my first evening in Quebec (at the Waffle restaurant!) who had just moved there... I'm sure he had the entire spring & summer to eat lots of ice cream ;)) Lucky guy......

• Study Abroad
    • Women's Travel

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Tutto Gelato: Delicious Italian ice cream

by Jefie Updated Jul 28, 2007

I've never tasted better Italian ice cream than the one they make at Tutto Gelato, and judging by the line of customers that usually stretches along the sidewalk, it looks like I'm not the only Tutto Gelato fan out there! The homemade ice cream is made based on an authentic Italian recipe, and with dozens of different flavours offered everyday, ranging of cherry yogurt to tiramisu and chocolate hazelnut, you're bound to find something you'll like! Soy-based ice creams are also available for people who are lactose intolerant.

Favorite Dish: I don't think I've ever ordered the same flavour twice, they're all so good!

Tutto Gelato, Italian ice cream