Shopping in Vieux Quebec, Quebec

Know about this? Rate It!

Narrow Passage & Small Shops.
    by Mikebb
    Will I buy This?
    by Mikebb
    Shops, Quebec City, Canada.
    by mwe
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Various: Arcade Shops Within Chateau Fontenac

by Mikebb Written Jun 22, 2008

Narrow Passage & Small Shops.

The day we visited the Chateau Frontenac we were told there were 1000 students on a visit to the city and wherever we went there were crods of students. We thought we might be safe in the Chateau's shopping arcade, however it was worse as the the hotel was 100 years old and reflected the style of that period, narrow corridors and small shops.

For those who like shopping at prestige hotels I suggest you visit and for tourists who want to see inside the hotel then shopping is a great excuse.

• Luxury Travel
    • Women's Travel

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Shopping Along The "Breakneck Staircase"

by Mikebb Written Jun 16, 2008

Will I buy This?

This is definetly a shopping destination to be reached by walking down the "Breakneck Staircase" due the steep incline on the upward journey. As well as the nice park and viewing platforms there are a variety of shops along the way which kept my wife happy as I took my photos. She actually made purchases from several shops along the way. The shops were actuall very good with a variety of different styles etc.

What to buy: Clothing, souveniers, antiques and bits and pieces.

What to pay: Your on holiday, buy now and not have regrets when you get home.

• Women's Travel

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Craft store: The small streets of Old Quebec City

by ChuckG Written Jan 18, 2004

Old Quebec Shopping

The best shopping in Quebec City can be found in the old town. All sorts of craft, antiques, clothes and decoration stores can be found in the different streets.

Old town is not that big so take a map and discover !

What to buy: Winter clothes, Quebec meal or liquors, painting, house decoration, artefacts.

What to pay: Generally above average in the old town

• acemj's Profile Photo

Shop 'til you drop

by acemj Updated Sep 8, 2002

As I was walking along the streets of Quebec I felt like I was in Europe and walking into the shops and hearing "Bonjour Monsieur," adds to that feeling.

You'll find some of the best shopping along rue du Petit-Champlain in Lower Town and rue St-Jean in Upper Town.

What to buy: Antiques and crafts are popular here.

What to pay: You'll spend about what you would in most American cities.

• mim95's Profile Photo

European shopping style...

by mim95 Written Nov 25, 2003

Shops along rue de Buade

There are lots of small boutiques and specialty shops on rue de Buade and cote de la Fabrique in Upper Town, and along rue du Petit-Champlain in Lower Town.

Instant Answers: Quebec