Canyon Ste-Anne, Quebec

St Ann canyon

by orlandom Updated Jun 15, 2006

This is where you purchase you way in to Saint Ann’s canyon. After you buy your tickets a bus takes you down to the Mestachibo Bridge where you start your visit to the huge gorge that the river carved out over many Millions of years.

This is truly an amazing thing to see just the sure force of the water falling in to the gorge is an amazing and powerful site there are 2 suspended bridges one The McNicoll Bridge that is 55 meters (180 feet) over the gorge and 58 meters long, the second one the Laurent Bridge that is at the bottom of the gorge, and that allows you to see how really small you are compared to the might gorge., and how high the walls are that the river carved away.

There are many Observation sites all around the gorge so you can view it from many angles. On my next tips are some more info on certain points along the way I hope you enjoy the virtual trip.

Orlandom : )

RATES
    Visitor 13 years old or over: $9.50 cdn (all taxes included)
    Children 6 to 12 years old: $4.00 cdn (all taxes included)
    Children 0 to 5 years old:
    No charge
    *Only cash accepted for entrance tickets.
    *Special rates available for group of all ages.

SCHEDULE
    May 1 to June 23: 9h00 to 16h45
    June 24 to Labor Day: 9h00 to 17h45
    Labor Day to the third week of October

Where you buy your Tickets to see the gorge so you  know this is the Saint-Anne-du-Nord  River River from right side of the Mestachibo Bridge River falling in to gorge left side of  Mestachibo My Dear Ant Maria

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

St. Anne's Canyon

by apbeaches Updated Sep 6, 2009

We picked the nastiest day with a chance of rain. Wearing hooded wind breakers we headed into the vertiginous canyon to explore the imposing 74m high Sainte-Anne waterfall rumbling into its 1.2 billion year old notch. We walked across the highest pedestrian bridge in Quebec, 55 meters high. For about an hour we discovered the giant potholes, cascades of the "little canyon", treasure-hunt with games and enigmas of the cnayon.
    We learned the the infamous site was used by John Travolta for the movie Battlefield Earth in 2000. Knowned by Natives, painted by Kreighoff, described by American ecologist and philosopher H.D. Thoreau.

• Adventure Travel
    • Archeology

• orlandom's Profile Photo

St Ann canyon (2nd suspension bridge)

by orlandom Updated Jun 14, 2006

Now we finnaly make it to The McNicoll suspension Bridge, this is a 58 meter long bridge that spans the chasm and is 55 meters (180 feet) over the river. This is pretty scary as it moves back and forth and up and down with a little help from me lol (just to make things more exciting for the kids and wife and ant lol) but don’t tell them that they thought it was the wind lol. From here you can see the Laurent Bridge at the bottom.

The McNicoll suspension Bridge if you dear The Laurent suspensin   Bridge at the bottom The Gorge in all it's might And the river calm after the Gorge

• orlandom's Profile Photo

St Ann canyon ( the falls )

by orlandom Updated Jun 14, 2006

Now this is the mighty gorge, this is what 100,000 people every year come to see and believe me it looks a lot worse when you are standing by it and here the rumble of the water falling into the gorge you feel real real small at lest I did, it ‘s quite a site to see and very imposing. I took a few pictures that you see here from the pathway where I was getting all wet from the mist that was like rain falling on us .

And the full View Picture # 4 Picture # 1 Picture # 2 Picture # 3

• orlandom's Profile Photo

St Ann canyon( on aare way back)

by orlandom Updated Jun 14, 2006

Now once you get back up the steps from the Laurant Bridge You walk along the opposite side of the gorge from here you can see a small lagoon where you see the rapid water pass by it but yet it is calm and undisturbed, that was pretty cool you see also many rainbows 2 and 3 at the same time and all the viewpoint from the other side from here you wait for the bus and back up you go.

So I hope you enjoyed this small tour of saint Ann’s Canyon and if you are in the Quebec area pay it a visit it worth it.

The calm lagoon The twain rainbows viewpoints from  outher side Last Look at the Gorge

• orlandom's Profile Photo

St Ann canyon ( to the 3rd suspension bridge)

by orlandom Updated Jun 14, 2006

Now here we are going down to the last bridge the Laurent Bridge the one we saw from the top of the McNicoll Bridge in the last tip. There is a lot of climbing to do here on your way back and not much to see except the amazing view of the McNicoll Bridge up high in the sky over us.

For some reason my wife was afraid of crossing this bridge so went back up to wait for me, but crossed the McNicoll Bridge all the way up there as you can see in my tip, was scary but she passed it. I don’t know one of those mysteries you will never know lol

The Many Steps on are way down The Laurent Bridge my wifes worst nightmare  lol McNicoll Bridge way up in the air Me taking a picture of my wife runing lol

• rafighi's Profile Photo

Canyon Ste-Anne, Suspension and more!

by rafighi Updated Oct 18, 2014

Located 6 km east of Beaupré, Quebec, this landscape has a great attraction for many tourists who visit the Quebec province. Three suspension foot bridges cross the canyon, including one 60 meters above the river.

• Photography
    • National/State Park

• orlandom's Profile Photo

St Ann canyon 2 ( First Bridge)

by orlandom Updated Jun 14, 2006

The Mestachibo Bridge here is where the bus drops you off to start your trip that is about 1 km long. The bridge is 63 meters long and 6,5 meters high, and was built in 1974 and renovated in 1984. You can see my ant Maria and my wife and 2 sons crossing the bridge in the extra pictures on this tip they where a bit worried lol.

My wife silvia and 2 sons Marco (L) and ricardo (R This is my ant  Maria