Jean Lesage International Airport, Quebec

Know about this? Rate It!

• Quebec City's Jean Lesage International Airport
    Quebec City's Jean Lesage International...
    by Jefie
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

Flying to Quebec City

by Jefie Written Sep 27, 2008

Quebec City's Jean Lesage International Airport

For a really long time, the Jean Lesage International Airport was, well, pretty lame! But for the 400th anniversary of the city, a lot of money was put into giving the airport a brand new look, which in turn attracted more airlines, making it much easier to travel to Quebec City by plane. Although many people still prefer landing in Montreal to save some money, it is now possible to land directly in Quebec City if you're flying with Air Canada, Continental, Northwest Airlines, United Airlines and West Jet. Air Transat, Corsair and SunWing also offer some flights to and from Quebec City depending on the season. I think they did a really good job with the new terminal, providing free wireless internet access and a free business center, a playroom for kids, a restaurant and a Tim Hortons as well as a souvenir shop and a duty free shop.

The Jean Lesage International Airport is located about 25 min away by car from the Vieux Quebec area. There's a fix rate for people traveling from the airport to downtown Quebec City by taxi - last time I checked it was $32.50. It's also possible to rent a car (Avis, Enterprise, Hertz, National/Alamo) at the airport.

• chodearm's Profile Photo

Air Canada

by chodearm Updated Jun 10, 2005

late on the tarmac, photo yuki

Let's talk a minute about why I should be mad here. I bought tickets way back on Valentines day and I recieved multiple itinerary changes leading up to flight day. Origionally I was to get to the airport at 8:30 but that changed to 6am, not a problem but this one was out of Newark, which tends to be New Yorkers least favorite of airports. We arrive to the airport as scheduled, we get shuffled round and round as to what city we were going to transfer in, re-routing us through Toronto rather than Montreal as what was first planned. We landed in Toronto with only 30 minutes to make it through customs, aquire luggage, re-scan, re-tag and run to the tarmac. We did it, sitting now inside their Jazz fleet on the way to Quebec. Of course our luggage dosen't make it to our destination when we do. They than proceed to put blame on us showing up late and our luggage must of got to the carousel too late so it might come in later. What are you going to do, I guess I'm suppossed to get mad.

• Blatherwick's Profile Photo

Jean Lesage International Airport

by Blatherwick Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Air Canada CRJ

The Jean Lesage International Airport is about 30 minutes from downtown Quebec. Air Canada links cities such as Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, and destinations around the province. Other major airlines that go to Quebec include Northwest and Continental. To get to downtown from the airport you can either rent a car or take a taxi at a fixed rate of $27 Cdn.

Instant Answers: Quebec