Reseau de transport de la Capitale, Quebec
If you are not staying in the city centre, or if you want to venture out further afield, the city is well provided with local bus services run by the RTC. At the time of writing (April 2009) the single fare on the bus is $2.60 (Exact money only) or tickets are available from local shops for $2.45. There is also a day ticket at $6.45.
Getting to and from the Old City the main bus terminal is at Place D'Youville just outside the Port St Jean where you can connect with the abovementioned Ecolobus.
Website below has all the details.
After walking for two and a half days I caved and used a bus to get from Le Musee des beux- arts back into Old Quebec......
I walked up to the main street closest to the Gallery.....Chemin St-Louis or its also called Grand Alle and found a bus stop with information indicating that the number 11 bus stopped here and went into the Old City..le Vieux Quebec...
It cost me $ 2.60 EXACT change and I used the bus to get myself closer to where I was staying...as it happened....I only used the bus for about ten minutes and ended up getting off when I saw something else that caught my eye that I wanted to investigate...I ended up walking yet again...
The public transportation service in Quebec City is called RTC. If you are staying outside of Vieux Quebec, chances are there's a bus stop near you that'll take you there. You can always call the info service (418-627-2511) if you need help figuring out which bus route is the best for you and you can purchase tickets ($2.25) or day passes ($5.80) at most corner stores and drugstores. Special shuttles are also available for major events such as the fireworks and St-Jean shows.
To get here from a city bus from downtown Quebec.
1) Buy a day pass for C$5.80 from a tabagie shop. (Or buy 2 rides and use a transfer). Scratch off todays date with a coin.
2) Go to where a #800 or #800-X bus stops. One stops right in front of Hotel Royale.
3) Board #800 or #800-X (preferable).
4) Take it to the end, Cimiterie stop-about 30 minutes. If you are on a 800-X, you don’t have to get off! Just stay on this.
5) If you aren’t on 800-X, get off and wait for the #53 or #50. You have to go the shelter where it has that number. Different busses stop at different shelters, there are 4 of them.
6) Get on #53 or #50. Take it to the end-about 15 minutes. Get off and go right there thru the chain link fence. Or walk on the sidewalk across the river, and go right and follow the noise and path to the falls.
7) To get back, just reverse. #800’s run every 15 minutes, the others maybe every 30 minutes. 800-X no set schedule.
THE BUSES ARE VERY USEFUL IN QUEBEC. THE MOST USEFUL BUSES FOR GETTING TO AND FROM THE CITY ARE THE 801 AND 800. THESE BUSES COME EVERY 5-10 MINUTES. THE PRICE FOR A TICKET IS $1.90 AND IF YOU HAVE A TICKET YOU CAN USE MONEY. YOU HAVE TO PAY $2.25. IF YOU WANT TO GET ANOTHER BUS AFTER THE ONE YOU HAVE JUST BEEN ON ASK FOR A BILLET DE TRANSFER(TRANSFER TICKET). THIS IS THE ONLY OPTION IF YOU WANT TO GET ON ANOTHER BUS TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!