Safety, Quebec

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Beggars?

by jamiesno Written Feb 5, 2005

Local Beggar in Quebec

When you travel enough and read enough VT Tips you always hear about the beggars in the various cities, homeless people, the warnings, the dangers and the advice so I am always wondering know when I travel am I going to be pestered for small change all the time.

In Quebec City after exploring the streets for two full days I can saw this is the only person that asked me for change and he was very well dressed and polite about it.

I think its fair to say the weather isn't condusive to being on the streets but I think its very fair to say Quebec is a very very safe and pleasant city.

There isn't much more to say other than enjoy this refreshing change from the norm!!

• Festivals

• 100% safe

by nanmadol Written May 9, 2010

Hello everyone, I live in Quebec City and I can assure you that this city is 100% safe, absolutely everywhere and at anytime, day or night. Of course, there is certain areas that are not as pleasant to look at as the Old City, but even there it's 100% safe. Keep in mind that the crime rate in Quebec City is among the lowest in Canada, handguns are virtually non-existant and there is a job for everybody who want's one, so mass poverty is not something we have to deal with. And I have never heard of anybody (tourist or local) who has fallen victim of a pipckpocket.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

• serge_fortin2001's Profile Photo

Where are the cops here?????????

by serge_fortin2001 Written Nov 13, 2002
    mountain police RCMP

bet you a hundred bucks that you wont hear a single sirene while you ll be there.
    Please take the bet, I ll be millionnaire. No danger at all, dont be scared, it is not bagdad

Instant Answers: Quebec