Valcartier Village Travel Guide

Valcartier Village Favorites

• freespirit13's Profile Photo

by freespirit13 Written Sep 11, 2002

Favorite thing: Go rafting on the Jacques Cartier river. You sign up to go rafting for about two hours, jump from a cliff, swim through a rapid and get a ticket for the Village des Vacances (Valcartier) waterslides, which are very cool.

Fondest memory: We're paddlig along in the raft when suddenly the raft gets stuck in a drop. I find myself in the water, hanging on to the rope of the boat between the boat and a rock with the guide in the water next to me. My head is under the water, so I figure I should let go so I don't drown right then and there. Suddenly, I'm flipping around under water and then I just pop up to the surface. But I'm not really in the clear considering there are constantly waves hitting me and I'm going through rapids. So, on basically a thought put in my head by TV, I figure 'there's a rock, I'll just hang on to it, until someone comes and gets me'. I go up to the rock, but I hadn't thought of the counter current coming off the rock, so basically I went around it and was back in the middle of the river. Finally, the river becomes calm, a boat throws me a rope. The people in the boat pull me up in the boat face first in the foot high water accumulated at their feet. I pull my head out of the water and finally it's over. We get back on shore and see that everyone that was in our boat and that had fallen are ok. We get back in the boat and keep going. Sure, it was scary as it was all happening. But that was one of the most exciting moments of my life. When we got off the boat, my cousin and I looked at each other and just said we've gotta do this on a boogie board next year. (It's actually another activity called hydrospeed which is when you have palms on your feet a boogie board in your hands and you just swim through the rapids)

Instant Answers: Valcartier Village

Comments

Valcartier Village Travel Guide
Map of Valcartier Village