Prince Albert Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Prince Albert

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Winners: The TXMaxx of Canada!

by Benson35 Written Oct 22, 2012

I would liken Winners to TXMaxx. It has clothes, furniture, homewear, shoes, books, beauty products, Halloween dressing up outfits (I assume this is only at this time of year?), accessories and jewellery.
    It's a shop you have to rummage through, but when you find that bargin you're looking for, it's so worth it!!

What to buy: Anything that takes your fancy!!
    Kitchenwear is very cheap!

• Benson35's Profile Photo

South Hill Mall: Visit the Mall!

by Benson35 Updated Oct 21, 2012

The Mall has different shops catering for different tastes and needs. There are clothes shops, beauty shops, sports shops, $1 shops, furniture shops, shoe shops and a food court.

It's not a big Mall but shopping is shopping! I enjoyed the time I spent here mooching around the shops!

The opening hours are:
    Monday - Wednesday 10am - 6pm
    Thursday 10am - 9pm
    Friday 10am - 6pm
    Saturday 9.30am - 6pm
    Sunday 12 noon - 5pm

What to buy: Anything that takes your fancy!!

Many shops around PA: Shopping for art

by Benson35 Written Oct 20, 2012

The photographs are of the original paintings by Native artists.
    The first photograph is of a set of three paintings to create a full scene. This scene really interested me and I was constantly looking at it and discovering different parts to it all of the time. The scene is of the inside a teepee; a family sat inside and the view of the setting sun through the entrance.
    The other pieces of art are so bright and colourful. They depict what is important to the Natives of this country and what may be classed as good luck symbols.

The North West Company Inc.: The Native shop

by Benson35 Written Oct 20, 2012

This shops is run by Natives. All of the crafts in this shop are handmade by Natives. The fur they sell is real and the art they sell is by local artists.
    My Auntie is a Native belonging to the First Nations Cree tribe. At first she didn't suggest taking us there because she thought we might be offended by the smell as they tan their own leather in the back of the shop. We really enjoyed the shop. We appreciated the handmade elements and we spent a while exploring the different objects and learning about different beliefs and superstitions.
    I would highly recommend visiting this shop to get an idea of how the Native people of Saskatchewan/Canada live and have lived. Ask questions about the objects you don't know about and the staff will be happy to explain to you.
    The price range in this shop is cheap to very expensive depending on what you want to buy. The original paintings start at $600 (well, the ones I liked did!).

They also sell souvenir type products.

What to buy: Anything that takes your fancy!
    I bought dream catchers for my friends with an explaination of the beliefs behind them.

Instant Answers: Prince Albert

Comments

Prince Albert Shopping

Reviews and photos of Prince Albert shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Prince Albert sightseeing.

View all Prince Albert hotels