Saskatoon Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Saskatoon

• Benson35's Profile Photo

Saskatoon Airport

by Benson35 Written Oct 24, 2012

We flew to and from here October 2012. It's a small airport with a selection of shops i.e. Tom Hortons (coffee shop), souvenir shops and a few places that sell hot and cold snacks.

On arrival, I was surprised that you litterally got off the plane, walked to collect my luggage and we were out of the airport - no passport control checks (I assume this was because our flight to Saskatoon was an internal flight from Calgary?). My Uncle met us before we reached the luggage carosel!
    For smokers, you are not allowed to smoke within 20 meters of the airport building. Smoking shelters are provided.
    Taxi's are directly outside the building and there is a bus service into Saskatoon centre.

On departure, the check-in desks are easy to find and security is just next to Tim Hortons.
    Once through security there is only one shop that sells drinks and snacks. I suggest looking around the shops before you check your luggage in if you are thinking of purchasing any glasswear or Saskatoon berry jam. You would have to put these and such items into the hold (your luggage to check-in).

• The best way to get around...

by Snake_Wilson Written Aug 26, 2002

The best way to get around Saskatoon, in the summer, is on bike. The city is full of wide, inviting, tree-lined streets and bike paths, and the best way to experience the city and take in its beauty is to tour on two wheels! Particaularily, check out the Meewasin trail system, which extends along both sides of the river bank.

• Getting places is easy, There...

by Lanibmx Written Aug 25, 2002

Getting places is easy, There is bus routes that cover every part of the city, and if you want you can rent a car, because like I said it is not hard to find your way around.
    Taxi's are also an option, but those can get quite pricey sometimes

• schmoopy's Profile Photo

You can fly into the...

by schmoopy Written Aug 24, 2002

You can fly into the Diefenbaker airport from several major Canadian cities and I believe from Minneapolis as well. There is also a bus depot and I believe that you can still get there by train (although I have never done it). The drive from a major city like Calgary takes 6.5 hours and is largely unspectacular except for the area around Drumheller, Alberta.
    A spread out city considering its small population, a car is very useful although the lay out of the city (I am told) does not make too much sense to outsiders. There are also public buses and of course taxis.

Instant Answers: Saskatoon

Comments

Saskatoon Transportation

Reviews and photos of Saskatoon transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saskatoon sightseeing.