Coyoacán Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Coyoacán

• malianrob's Profile Photo

El Jarocho: Local Cafe gives Satrbucks competition

by malianrob Updated Apr 4, 2011

When in Coyoacan you have to get a cup of coffee in this place. The line wasnt very long when we got here but I heard that the line can get very long sometimes.
    My sister and Our friend got a coffee, I got a hot chocolate. We also got some pasteries.
    This place has been here since 1953 and its a simple place. There isnt anything fancy about here but I think thats what the people like. It is a simple gathering place with just good coffee. And its a very popular place.

Favorite Dish: We also had some donuts here. They were alright. I probably should have gotten something different like a churro but my hot chocolate was the best!
    The hours here are from 6am-2am Monday-Sunday and is cash only.

• gomexico's Profile Photo

Municipal Mercado - Higuera: Chowing-down in Coyoacan

by gomexico Written Feb 17, 2005

As you move about Plaza Hidalgo, and if you face the front of Parroquia de San Juan Bautista - walk along the left side of the church building to its rear and you'll see Calle Higuera intersecting parallel. About 30 feet along Higuera from the "T" intersection, on your left, you'll see a local municipal market in which are located maybe 30 food stalls owned by locals who sell regional specialties.

Favorite Dish: I go to this market to eat pozole, a favorite corn/hominy concoction with either chicken or pork in it - it's a specialty throughout central Mexico each Thursday. My favorite pozole in this market is "Pozole estilo Michoacan" in which lots of radishes are present.

Also available are tacos, tortas and other meals. Prices are economical in comparison to the otherwise expensive Coyoacan district. This is an "off the beaten path" spot just steps from that "beaten path."

Instant Answers: Coyoacán

Comments

Coyoacán Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coyoacán restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coyoacán sightseeing.