Related Mexico City Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Mexico City

• ArmandoB24's Profile Photo

Mexico City safe

by ArmandoB24 Written Jul 18, 2012

Favorite thing: Mexico city is very safe if you know the places or the hour that them are safe. Here we live million of people thah work , go to theate, movies, parks, walk , run, study everyday. If you want to know more about mexico city, please contact me
    regards!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Why in Mexico City?

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Jan 6, 2012

Favorite thing: Mexico City is located in the Valley of Mexico, a large valley in the high plateaus at the center of Mexico, at an altitude of 2,240 metres, making it among the highest capitals in the world. It is summer here when winter is in Moscow, but in January it isn't very hot.

It became the first capital which I visited in America, the highest city I ever visited and my first American civilization which I’m planning to explore more close.It was my dream since my childhood to investigate Aztecs civilization and this desire became stronger after reading some books with new versions about American ancient civilizations. Besides that I liked an American epic action-adventure film directed by Mel Gibson “Apocalipto”.
    And the last reason: it is summer here when winter is in Moscow, but in January it isn't very hot.
    I spent there three days and want to share my impressions, photos and videos.

You can watch my 3 min 39 sec HD Video Mexico City around by bus part 1 out of my Youtube channel.

You can watch my photo of Mexico City on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 19° 26' 7.56" N 99° 9' 3.25" W or on my Google Earth Panoramio Mexico City (out of Melia Reforma Hotel window).

Mexico City out of my hotel window Mexico City out of my hotel window

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Mexico City-Tenochtitlan

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Jan 3, 2012

Favorite thing: The city was originally built on an island of Lake Texcoco by the Aztecs in 1325 as Tenochtitlan, which was almost completely destroyed in the 1521 siege of Tenochtitlan, and subsequently redesigned and rebuilt in accordance with the Spanish urban standards.
    In 1524, the municipality of Mexico City was established, known as México Tenochtitlán, and as of 1585 it was officially known as La Ciudad de México (Mexico City).

You can watch my photo of Mexico City on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 19° 26' 2.46" N 99° 7' 55.43" W or on my Google Earth Panoramio Tenochtitlan.

Map of Tenochtitlan Sign of Tenochtitlan Map of Tenochtitlan

Typical Food of Mexico City

by AnnaLupilla Written Jan 10, 2006

Favorite thing: Content to be added soon - I swear. Right now I am just uploading tips to have the topic completed and step by step gonna add the missing stuff, so please stay patient! Also, I am adding still empty tips not to loose anything. Please stay calm, I already know I got quite something to do with that whole lot of work!

Mexico City Eateries

Tours of the City

Galleries

Murals

Colonial Buildings

Friendly locals

by acemj Updated Nov 23, 2005

Favorite thing: I was in Poland about a month before this trip to Mexico City and met Adriana on a train from Krakow to Oswiecim (Auschwitz). By the end of our journey she told me, "mi casa es su casa," but I doubt she actually expected to see me so soon! She was traveling around Europe for awhile and it turned out she was back home in Mexico just in time and was kind enough to hang out with me a bit. It was fun getting to see some neighborhoods I wouldn't have seen if not for her and to spend some time at her beautiful home (El palacio de Adriana!).

Monumental city

by acemj Updated Nov 23, 2005

Favorite thing: Mexico City is one of the largest cities in the world (I've seen it anywhere from 3rd to 12th on lists of the world's largest cities) and it has plenty of monumental architecture to fill up its streets. From Latin America's largest cathedral to the largest bullring in the world, there's plenty to see and do here. At the same time, it's a little dirty, it's very crowded and at rush hour, the traffic can be infuriating. Throw in a reputation for crime and smog that hovers overhead and you may be ready to head to Acapulco before you know it!

Fondest memory: Having grown up in Hong Kong as a kid, I love the excitement of big cities. Sure, after awhile the crowds and all the other hassles can get old, but on this 4 day trip, I couldn't get enough. I never had any problem with crime, nor did I ever feel threatened. Even the pollution seemed a little overhyped to me and it really didn't seem any worse than Los Angeles when I lived near there in the early 1990s.

Teatro de la Ciudad Catedral Bellas Artes Ninos Heroes

Great VTers

by acemj Updated Nov 23, 2005

Favorite thing: I was lucky on this trip to meet two great VTers in Mexico City, Carlos (claubarsa) and Laura (Laura_Mexico). Like most VTers I've met, they were extremely hospitable and both were very interesting people to spend time with. We met at a great restaurant specializing in food from Veracruz and after the meal Laura gave me a great tour of the Coyoacan neighborhood. Later that night, I met Carlos for a couple drinks at a bar near the Cathedral. I look forward to meeting them both again in the near future.

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

Weather or Not

by jenn_d Written Jan 22, 2004

Favorite thing: The best time to visit Mexico is between the months of November and May. While I was there the city experienced a very unseasonal rainstorm but the rain washed the sky clear the city's infamous pollution and I enjoyed terrific views of nearby mountains and snow capped volcanos.

Clear Skies

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

Acclimate

by jenn_d Written Jan 22, 2004

Favorite thing: People respond differently to the high altitutde of Mexico City. It is not uncommon to experience a headache and even a nose bleed during the first day or so.

Fondest memory: I drank my headache in submission at the VT meeting.

Grande Flag at the Zocalo

• shdw100's Profile Photo

Mexico City - Sit in the Alemeda Central...

by shdw100 Updated Sep 4, 2002

Favorite thing: In Mexico City, sit in the Alemeda Central with an ice cream and watch the people pass by. It is very relaxing even though you are in the hustle and bustle of the largest city in the world! The picture is of Mexico City from the top of Torre Latino Americana

Fondest memory: The adventure of driving in Mexico City (yes I rented a car and drove!) It was quite the adventure and not as bad as you may think!

Mexico City Hotels

Latest: Jul 20, 2014
La Loma Suites and Luxury Apartments
Latest: Jan 20, 2011

Instant Answers: Mexico City

Comments

Mexico City Favorites

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Mexico City locals.
Map of Mexico City