What to pack for Mexico City

Most Viewed What to Pack in Mexico City

• malianrob's Profile Photo

What to wear????

by malianrob Updated Sep 22, 2008

Luggage and bags: I was told that what we wear would affect the way we will be treated so I tried to look nice but after a while I cared alot more about comfort. We were doing ALOT of walking so I couldnt take my boats anymore! On my last day you can see from my pictures I said "the heck with everything!" I put on my sweats. And guess what, people still treated me fine!

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I forgot my comfortable hiking shoes which would have come in handy at the Ruins of Teotihuacan. I broughtsome nice boats that goes great with my jeans. Comfortable, casual yet dressy enough to go out on the town.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: You can bring your own stuff or purchase your toiletries here,as well as medicalsupplies. Mexico City is a BIG city and they have everything you can think of.

Photo Equipment: I brought my own camera equipment and laptop and memory sticks butyou can also find all these things here. I am not sure about prices because I didnt purchase anything like this here but I saw camera equip. everywhere.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bring a umbrella depending on what time of year it is. We came in the supposedly rainny season and it really didnt rain toomuch at all. Actually it only rainned one day really hard for about an hour and that was it.

Miscellaneous: I also brought a few scarfs because at night it did tend to get a bit chilly.
    Before I went to Mexico City I looked online to see about the weather to figure out how to pack. I also contacted VT members that live in the area to get more info. I didnt want to bring a bunch of things that I wasnt going to use, especially if I had a pay $25 for a second luggage. We flew on Alaska Airlines and your first checked in bag is free,the second is $25. So I made sure I put everything in one bag.

• anagrettel's Profile Photo

Presentation Does it matter

by anagrettel Written Oct 19, 2007

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: In México city presentation does matter if planning to go to restaurants or nightclubs, etc. better have some nice clothes people here really will treat you different based on your appearance.

Photo Equipment: You can find almost all the necessary equipment for emergency but the price will be almost 3 times the price than in USA.

Miscellaneous: No matter the month you're traveling always bring sunglasses and an umbrella, you will never know what to expect.

• Aptypo's Profile Photo

Child-Carrying Pack

by Aptypo Updated Sep 26, 2003

Miscellaneous: Two/three positions for carrying baby. Dual side entry buckles make it easy to get baby in and out. Padded support harness, seat, backrest, head support and leg openings provide comfort for baby. Auto adjust padded parent shoulder straps automatically adjust to parent's back which makes carrying more comfortable. Single extra-wide padded shoulder strap for cradle position stays comfortably in position - fits more sizes. Easy to nurse in various positions for personal comfort in cradle position. Infant cover up protects and keeps baby comfortable. Three-position seat height adjusts for growing baby. Support closed cell foam throughout seat - supports baby's back and neck in cradle position. Removable infant support pillow supports baby's head and neck. Pockets to store baby's gear/necessities. Internal support system distributes baby's weight for parent comfort. Waist belt with lumbar support for parent's lower back. Wide, padded parent shoulder straps. Removable bib. Machine washable.

• Pack like a Girl and you wont miss a thing

by scribemc Written Feb 25, 2003

Luggage and bags: I would call my trip adventure because I didnt know what was going to happen from day to day....but i packed like a girl..I brought everything i could possibly think of and packed it in a rolling luggage suit. I'm glad that i packed everything but next time i'm going to make it fit into a duffle bag which is much easier to carry then that damn luggage.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: please bring thong sandals to beach...if not the the market will rip you off by charging 20 bucks for them when you know you could have bought them for 2 dollars in the states

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: bring pepto.....everyone used it...even my boyfriends homeboys

Photo Equipment: bring your professional camera but also bring a disposable for those quick shots.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: i really wanted to camp on the beach but i had no equipment...i was tempted just to lay there but i hair was looking kind of funky...so i had to go back to the hotel to take a shower

Miscellaneous: bring your own soap, washcloth, and towel...i would even bring my own pillowcase if push came to shove

• Adventure Travel

• yeah_baby's Profile Photo

Packing List

by yeah_baby Written Aug 26, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: The climate in Tulum is beautiful now, the sea is magnificent.

Photo Equipment: Lots of sun here so 100 speed is fine.

Miscellaneous: WHEN TO VISIT/WEATHER: The high season in the Yucatan occurs in the dry winter months from December through April. The peak seasons in Tulum are Christmas and Spring Break. The weather is a comfortable year-round average of 80 degrees F.

• Carlo-B.'s Profile Photo

Packing List

by Carlo-B. Written Aug 26, 2002

Photo Equipment: a>

6.Camping / Beach / Outdoor Gear:
    [Please share some tips about staying in the great outdoors]

Mexico City Hotels

Latest: Mar 5, 2014
JW Marriott In Mexico City
Latest: Apr 10, 2014

Instant Answers: Mexico City

Comments

Mexico City What to Pack

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Mexico City locals.
Map of Mexico City