Know about this?
Mexico is a country prone to earthquakes - every year our planet's crust is shaking with an intensity of over 6 on the Richter scale.
On January 21st 2003 an earthquake of a magnitude of 7.6 on the Richter scaled affected Mexico City. This is comparable to 160 megatons of TNT and is stronger than the quake that shook Turkey and caused 15,000 deaths a few years ago.
So when you are in Mexico City and go into a high building make sure you know the evacuation routes and the safety procedures in case of earthquake. It might just save your life.
Afraid that the Popocatepetl...
Afraid that the Popocatepetl volcano is going to blow up and wipe out Mexico City in a few minutes of cataclysmic horror? Then feel free to check the latest report on the volcano's activity using this Web link: http://www.cenapred.unam.mx/mvolcan.html. For all the mountaineers interested to climb the Popo, please note that the mountain is closed to all access inside a perimeter of 12km.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Mexico City Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Moncton Hotels
- Lake Memphremagog Hotels
- Kinzua Bridge State Park Hotels
- Fort Myers Beach
- Bangor Hotels
- Safe and less than safe areas
- Bad Neighborhoods
- Puerto Vallarta Warnings and Dangers
- Santa Monica Warnings and Dangers
- Jamaica Warnings and Dangers
- Santorini Island Warnings and Dangers
- Sri Lanka Warnings and Dangers
- Costa Rica Warnings and Dangers
- Hong Kong Warnings and Dangers
- Beijing Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid
- Rochester Warnings and Dangers