El Porvenir Travel Guide

by supune

El Porvenir Things to Do

• supune's Profile Photo

by supune Updated Oct 26, 2010

Friends of mine found a nice program where people can visit an orphanage for they day. They give you accommodation and are very welcoming. La Casa de Paz houses about 50 children, 13 of them who are special needs. I was very impressed with the welcoming and peaceful attitude of the staff. The children have a strong sense of community.

The orphanage has community gardens and the children can help by gardening as part of their daily chores.

We went as a group of 6 and gave 5/person for letting us stay there the night.

We played with the kids and took ingredients that we prepared dinner for the staff and kids with. I had a fun day and learned a lot. Jonathan and Marisol as well as Oscar and Carmen (the main care takers) are amazing people and will let you know of they operate. I'd recommend taking some small gifts for the kids. We had fun with balloons and side walk chalk. It would be good if you went with some who spoke Spanish but it's not necessary. Some of my high school Spanish lessons came back to me.

Contact Corazon de Vida or send me a message if you'd like to visit the children here.

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: El Porvenir

Comments

El Porvenir Travel Guide
Map of El Porvenir