Rosarito Warnings and Dangers

Papas & Beer two days after New Years.
  • Warnings and Dangers
  • Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Rosarito

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Carefully Choose Your Companions!

by lmkluque Updated Feb 3, 2013

Many people are afraid to enter Mexico, for various reasons--mostly ignorance and mis-information. Frightening stories have circulated about the horrors of getting thrown in the "Tijuana Jail," or worse.

As long as I have been old enough, (18 is the legal age to cross the border without a parent.) I've gone into Mexico anytime, day or night, alone or with friends and have never had a problem. Even when stopped by the police for a broken taillight or something like that, I was treated properly.

The key is to show respect and stay sober!!!!

Everyone I've known of, having trouble in Mexico have ALL been drunk, disorderly and flat out rude. I would never enter Mexico with anyone who loses control while drinking, their bad behavior could get me into trouble as well as themselves. Keep this in mind when you decide to 'Party Hardy' in Mexico.

If during your day trip, you misjudge your drinking, get a room for the night rather than drive across the border while intoxicated.

This is one of the rooms at Calafia.

• Music
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• marinarena's Profile Photo

Ride at your own risk!

by marinarena Updated Nov 3, 2006

On Rosarito, I went on a horse. Rides were offered by a local group of vaqueros. One trip up and down a stretch of the coast is about 8 dollars. Be careful to ride! You may be asking for more than for which you bargain. The ride should have been smooth throughout with the vaqueros riding along me with their horseys but my young mare took off on me after the other horses drifted too many steps ahead. As someone riding for the first time, this was quite the adventure for me. It almost took my breath away. Luckily, I did not fall off.

I think that the vaqueros can do a better job in managing the horses to make sure that the tourists have a smooth ride. At least offer more experienced horses to potential riders.

• No Sex In The Store

by Phalaenopsis03 Written Jan 7, 2004

Like I'm sure you've been told many times before. Absolutely NO HAVING SEX INSIDE THE STORE, ok? Or else, you'll get in big trouble. And remember, you're in Rosarito, so you don't want to be thrown in any Mexican jails.

• School Holidays
    • Singles

• Rosarito aint happening in the off-peak season.

by Phalaenopsis03 Updated Jan 6, 2004

Papas & Beer two days after New Years.

If you come to Rosarito during the off peak season and not during the holidays, i.e., Spring Break, Summer time, etc,... this is what you should expect - even at the most happening clubs,... EMPTINESS!

• Singles
    • School Holidays

• Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo

Bring your passport

by Pat&ZoAnn Written Jan 3, 2003

Zo Ann at San Ysidro border crossing

Being an Canadian, we didn't need our passport to enter Mexico, or the US. HOWEVER, walking from Mexico to the US is a different matter. Even in the "pre-9-11" days, it was a good idea to carry your passport, just in case. Today, it's even more important.

Also, it speeds things up, and lets the border officials know you are a seasoned traveller.

Also, carry some photocopies of your passport, as most hotels want to have a copy of it on file. Show them the passport, then give them the photocopy, and you never lose sight of it.

• Avryle's Profile Photo

On a completely serious note...

by Avryle Updated Oct 4, 2002

On a completely serious note for female visitors to Rosarito... the buddy system is a REALLY good idea. This past trip, my friends and I met a 18 year-old girl right after she was raped by two men (employees of the club) in the bathroom of the club we were in. Like everyone else, she was there just to party and have a good time. She was walking to the bathroom alone and they pulled her into the men's bathroom. She knew who the two men were and could identify them, but also knew that there was nothing she could do about it because we were in Mexico. This is not intended to be a deterent from going to Mexico, it is just something that can happen and probably happens pretty often. What it comes down to is, try to stay with someone at all times and keep an eye on your surroundings.

• Well, first of all, if ever...

by scooter3 Updated Oct 4, 2002

Well, first of all, if ever driving in to Mexico, be very careful on the road and don't speed! You must buy insurance if you are going to drive...

Second, don't drink on the street... We made this mistake when we drank a couple of beers waiting in line for a club...and we got hauled off to the jail to pay an $11 fine...
    It was pretty embarassing but funny at the same time...If you don't want a ride in the police car though, I wouldn't suggest this...

Instant Answers: Rosarito

Comments

Rosarito Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Rosarito warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rosarito sightseeing.