San Felipe Favorites

• DAO's Profile Photo

MEETING SAN DIEGO FIREMEN AT A LOCAL BAR

by DAO Written Oct 3, 2011

Favorite thing:
    Miramar Bar. Yep, it's on Facebook. What happened here was so utterly strange and somewhat rude (no not anything I did), that you will have to email me if you want to know the story. I'll make you a deal. Email me and tell me if you want the edited version or the full version. If you like the story, you can then rate this tip accordingly.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

When I was little.................

by malianrob Written Jul 24, 2006
    My foot steps

Favorite thing: I thank my parents for taking our family on so many trips, especially into Mexico. I have so many wonderful memories of our family vacationing in San Felipe, Rosarito, Ensenada and so many other places. Monies were tight but my mom was resourcful. She showed me how I can see the world and still not break the bank.
    As a parent now I realize the importance of taking my family on vacations and most of all taking enough pictures so that they can remember all the things that we did. That is one thing I do regret, we didnt take enough pictures on our vacations. Times have changed and I can document all my kids vacations so that they may show their kids.
    I know so many people that are so afraid of traveling in Mexico for some reason and I dont understand it.
    I want to show my kids, just as my parents did, to have fun enjoy yourself, Dont be afraid to go anywhere and always always be respectful of others people and their culture. Its always good to learn some key frases in the local language and just thank God that you are able to travel and have fun. I have so many family members who live in South America who cannot get visas to travel outside of their countries and I feel for them. I also know so many people who are afraid to travel into another country, they are always amazed how I can just take off with out even thinking twice about it. Of course I always try to use good judgement and not to put myself in harms way. All my sisters are the same way.

Fondest memory: The memories I will have for the rest of my life.

• Mandy23's Profile Photo

San Felipe Desert and plant life

by Mandy23 Updated Feb 22, 2006
    cactus

Favorite thing: The San Felipe Desert is located near the eastern side of the Baja California peninsula and you will find a variety of plants there such as many different cacti, ocotillo and elephant trees who got their name from the fact that the branches are proportionally thicker than their length.

People who are interested in living full or part time here, are often wondering if they will be able to garden here. You can, but don't have wrong expectations. It's a desert climate, so not all your non-desert plants might survive. Try to stick with the native plants of this climate like cacti, certain trees or succulents.

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

This is San Felipe!

by mht_in_la Updated Dec 11, 2003

The village of San Felipe

Favorite thing: From the Virgin of Guadalupe Shrine at the top of a small hill just north of malecom, you get a nice view of the the whole village. The building at the lower right corner of the photo is a huge club not in proportion to the village.

• dabuwan's Profile Photo

The Lighthouse peninsula

by dabuwan Written Feb 5, 2003

Me on top of the Lighthouse peninsula

Favorite thing: In San Felipe center there is a small hilly peninsula with the Virgin of Guadalupe shrine on top and the Lighthouse near by.
    Views from there are very nice, and you can enjoy the warm sun (I was there in february).

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

Small, primitive, and quiet

by mht_in_la Written Dec 11, 2003

Birds on beach

Favorite thing: Visit outside the tourist season (spring break) to enjoy this small, primitive fishing village. Lots of quiet time to oneself.

• Fishing

Instant Answers: San Felipe

Comments

San Felipe Favorites

Reviews and photos of San Felipe favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Felipe sightseeing.