San Felipe Restaurants

• Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in San Felipe

Rice and Beans: Rice and beans and much more

by malianrob Written Jul 23, 2006

I have come to Rice and Beans on a number of occassions. The food is always good. Locals and tourists come here.
    Just like Baja Mar there is a section with air conditioning and another section without it. Unlike BajaMar the air conditioning here was perfect.
    Usually I come here for breakfast. I am not sure why I have never come here for dinner but it just hasnt happened.
    The restaurant has a racing theme to it and theres all kinds of racing memorabilia here. The service is very good and the prices are reasonable.

Favorite Dish: The Bisteak Ranchero is excellent, it comes with rice and beans of course and hand made tortillas. Rob had the Shrimp omelent and said that it was excellent. They also serve pancakes and eggs and bacon which is what the kids had.
    Rmember no bear til after 10 am.

Palapa Baja Mar: Good Food.. and lots of air conditioning

by malianrob Written Jul 23, 2006

They serve breakfast lunch and dinner here. We came for dinner and we were looking for a place with airconditioning becasue even though it was night time, it was Africa HOT!
    Baja Mar has strong air conditioning up stairs, on the bottom floor there is no air conditioning but theres at least some shelter from the sun, then they have an area with palapas where you are practically outside.
    Well we got what we wanted good food and air conditioning. But after sitting in there for a while you started freezing to death. The kids and I started to huddle around to let the body heat keep us warm. I actually couldnt wait to go outside to get the feeling back in my finger tips.
    Well the food was good. I had the Carne Asada and i forgot what rob had. The kids and burritos and cheese enchiladas and shrimp cocktails. They were delicious.

El Zarape....many others: Taco stands on the corners

by malianrob Written Jul 23, 2006

Usually in San Felipe i will eat at some of the local taco stands. I found El Zarape by chance. We were driving around and the malecon was packed, we drove to the street right behind the malecon and saw a taco stand with chairs outside. It is an outdoor establishment with only fans to cool you off while you eat. They have some tarps up to block the sun. Now before you say No, i will never eat in a place like that. I want you to know that of all the places we have eatten in San Felipe Rob swears thet have the best shrimp coctails, and i personaly will tell you they have the best sopes i have tasted. We also ordered a bunch of tacos (carne asada, fish, and pastor) and the kids devoured them.
    I was ready with my camera to take pictures of this place and my food and wouldnt you beleive it, my batteries ran out! I was so mad. Oh well maybe next time.

• Miguel_USA's Profile Photo

Chuy's Restaurant: excellent sea food!!!

by Miguel_USA Written Apr 11, 2005

This is a small restaurant. Parking is hard. This place is attended by its owners. Prices are fair. A big healthy meal for one person runs for about $8USD, including beer. The food is great.

Favorite Dish: Baby clams, oysters, 7 mares, and levanta muertos.

• Beaches

• mht_in_la's Profile Photo

various: Fish taco and shrimp taco

by mht_in_la Updated Dec 26, 2003

San Felipe prides itself as the birthplace of fish taco. I'm not sure if that's true, but I did try their fish tacos and shrimp tacos at a restaurant and from street vendors and they were good. The ongoing price is about $1 per taco (can cost more at the restaurants) and they all take US dollars. I would suggest you try them at the major restaurants because most street vendors and smaller shops away from the malecon don't have water supply, which can be a concern to your health.

Instant Answers: San Felipe

Comments

San Felipe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of San Felipe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Felipe sightseeing.