Flags / Monuments, Tijuana

Know about this? Rate It!

THE BIG FLAG
    by lmkluque
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Bandera Monumental Plaza

by lmkluque Updated Mar 18, 2012

This photo shows a south view of Tijuana and includes the giant Mexican flag which flies above the city for all to see. It is about 86 feet wide and 150 feet long and can be seen from the USA side as well as all over Tijuana. Bandera Monumental Plaza is located between La Cetto and Torre de Tijuana.

This is not the best photo I've taken, it was taken from a few miles away. This view shows only a portion of the city gives a clue that Tijuana is a city of hills.

As you can see, most of the buildings are low and with few exceptions you will rarely see a high rise structure, except a few hotels near the Country Club.

The Giant Mexican Flag
    • Architecture

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

First Mexican flag

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 31, 2003

Haha, the first Mexiacan flag (green - white - red), I noticed, was in... San Ysidro, USA - close to the parking I left my car.
    What was there? Hmm... it was written there: choose a designated driver now. Rent a car (+ driver) agency or what? :-)))

From my friend Linda (lmkluque) from San Diego:
    "Choose a designated driver now." This means that now, while you are sober, decide which person in your group will stay sober to drive home. That person is "designated" as the one to stay sober for the night, so there are no drunk drivers on the road.
    Haha, I see now, thank you, Linda.

MEXICAN  FLAG  IN... THE USA

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

The biggest flag I have ever seen

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 26, 2003

This flag, Mexican flag on my picture is probably the biggest flag (on a flag-staff) I have ever seen. It's well seen from the USA and even from San Diego. Hmm... first I wanted to walk there (where?) but finally I didn't do that.

Have you ever seen any bigger flag on a flag-staff? Where?

From Viky (quefregados) from Laredo, Texas, USA:
    A few years ago, the Mexican government made these massive flags to put in major border towns all along the Mexico/US border. They are so big that they consistently tear under their own weight & are constantly being repaired.
    How do I know this? I live in Laredo (straight south of San Antonio) and I see the Nuevo Laredo, MX flag every morning - that is, when it is not off the pole being repaired.
    THANK YOU Viky :-).