Know about this? Rate It!
A Day Trip To Rosarito Beach!
Rosarito Beach is not far from Tijuana, about a half hour's drive along the toll road. Once a sleepy seaside village, it has grown over the years with many hotels and restaurants to attract tourists, still it is a small town compared to Tijuana and offers a different perspective.
The Rosarito Beach Hotel was the big draw for the rich and famous since the early half of the last century and it is worth seeing now. They've built a long pier out back and besides the restaurants and nightclub in the hotel they have created a Fine Dining restaurant from the adjacent building on the property.
Besides beach activities, eating and drinking, there are many things to buy along the side of the road such as pottery, leather patio furniture and items for your patio or garden.
Down the road a bit is Calafia, a cliffside resort including a terraced restaurant, and an old sailing ship as nightclub.
Past Calafia is Puerto Nuevo, the best place in the world to have lobster at a reasonable price!
For more information see my Rosarito Beach page.
- Horse Riding
- Spa and Resort
During the mission era, the area was virtually uninhabited, out of the reach of Dominican missions to the south and Franciscan missions to the north. Today the beach is one of the finest in Mexico. Located about 26 km (15 minutes) from the Tijuana there is plenty of fishing and surfing. There are only two traffic lights in the entire city, and almost everything of interest is in walking distance..
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Tijuana Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Port Chester Hotels
- Sri Lanka
- Torralta Hotels
- Haifa Hotels
- Cap-de-la-Madeleine Hotels
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path