Border / Security, Tijuana

Time Time =s
    by mikarov99
    TO MEXICO ONLY!
    by matcrazy1
  • PUSH  BUTTON  FOR  CROSSING  THE  HIGHWAY!
    PUSH BUTTON FOR CROSSING THE ...
    by matcrazy1
  • MoeJ's Profile Photo

tj cops and dealers

by MoeJ Updated Oct 4, 2012

my name is moe and i have a cousin that goes to tj alot for for drugs hass been missing any ideas guys .. hes missing since june 12 2012 and we checked the us couscelette they said they will let me know.. so hes no dead not in jail

• School Holidays

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Long Lines At The Border!

by lmkluque Updated Mar 18, 2012

Delare all purchases!

When coming back into the USA from Mexico there may be a long line, so make sure your car has enough gas. This is the busiest border crossing in the world!

Whether you are driving, riding a bus or walking across the border, don't make any jokes about drugs or contraband, the U.S. Custom officers will pull you in for a secondary search which can be humiliating as well as time consuming.

When crossing the border there are also State restrictions regarding what is allowed to enter as well as Federal restrictions. The State of California premits only one bottle of liquor per adult over 21 years per month, for example.

You can bring your normal purchases into the USA and the State of California as a rule. You may not bring weapons of any kind, raw pork or plants that are still in the earth. If you do, they will be taken from you and destroyed.

There are various reasons for the different restrictions and these are just a few suggestions. For specific details check the US Customs website listed below.

• Business Travel

Watch direction signs

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

TO  MEXICO  ONLY!

Watch the traffic - direction signs. Do not miss the right exit driving from San Diego (I-5 or I-805) unless you want to drive a car to Mexico instead of walk there.

The last U.S. exit is called "Camino de la Plaza". It's well signed by big tables "The last U.S. exit" or something those lines. Remember - it's too late when you follow the sign as on my picture: "MEXICO ONLY" with No U turn sign :-))).

Wait, wait, wait

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

TO  THE  USA :-)

When you drive a car to Tijuana don't be surprised to wait in a looong line to enter the USA back.

San Ysidro Port of Entry is the world's busiest border crossing point.
    Traffic in 2002:
    13,800,000 passenger vehicles with 30,300,000 people
    82,000 buses with 1,040,000 people
    Add 7,200,000 pedastrians.

That is almost 40,000,000 people crossing the border a year, hmm... over 100,000 people each day!
    Tijuana is called the world's most visited city! Really?

Check the updated (every 30 min.) waiting time:
    San Ysidro border waiting time
    border waiting time
    or call the numbers below.

From my friend Linda (lmkluque) from San Diego:
    It seems to me that Tijuana is not necessarily the most visited city either as most of the people crossing this border are Mexicans coming to SD for shopping, work and visiting family and San Diegans crossing for the same reasons. In that way, all crossers are not really tourists.

From my VT friend janika from Ottawa, Canada:
    The folks crossing the border there are only half of who really crosses it! :D
    Thank you, janika :-)))!

• mikarov99's Profile Photo

A long time for Wait

by mikarov99 Updated Nov 2, 2005

Time Time =s

If you decide go to Tijuana by car the return can be headache, a long file to enter to USA is very large can be up 300 vehicles in weekends, but is nothing if comapare the super long file in mornings from mondays to fridays can be up 400 vehicles, and the new rules after 9/11 give more long time checks and more cars. You can stay from one half hour to three hours here!.

Tip: Listen the radio & search some stations that says the report half hourly or hourly the most stations are in spanish some english stations have this report of the traffic

Push button :-)

by matcrazy1 Updated Jul 25, 2003

PUSH  BUTTON  FOR  CROSSING  THE  HIGHWAY!

We were so excited about going to the next country that walking from the parking to the border crossing point we were standing looong on pedastrian crossing waiting for green light. Hmmm... we forgot to push the button to stop the traffic and cross the highway :-))).

• Yubert's Profile Photo

Ever since 9/11/01, security...

by Yubert Written Oct 4, 2002

Ever since 9/11/01, security at the US/Mexico border has been increased on both sides. Patrols are now manned by military personnel or the National Guard.

This pictures shows the second-level security check when re-entering the US. So all you terrorists out there, give it up and don't bother trying to enter the US. You'll be caught!

• spartan's Profile Photo

Folks please be aware that...

by spartan Written Oct 4, 2002

Folks please be aware that because of the current world crisis, getting back and forth across the border can take a very long time. Waits for pedestrian traffic have been known to last anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours, while waits for automobile traffic can last up to 3 hours (these waits also depend on the time of the day). Be aware that everyone (and that includes U.S. citizens) must show proof of citizenship. If you don't have any identification, you will have to go through a more thorough secondary inspection...you have been warned!!!!

• spartan's Profile Photo

The border crossing at San...

by spartan Written Oct 4, 2002

The border crossing at San Ysidro is open 24 hours a day. Farther east, the Otay Mesa crossing is open daily from 6 A.M. to 10 P.M. A third border crossing in Tecate, CA is open from 6 A.M. to midnight.
    Visitors to the northern part of Baja California do not need passports or tourist cards if staying in the country for 72 hours or less. If you plan to stay longer or travel beyond Ensenada, you'll need to obtain a tourist card. This document is free of charge; proof of U.S. citizenship is required.

Instant Answers: Tijuana

• Nov 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Hello friends, I'm sure you all have experience the long wait @ the border, nothing to be happy about. Well it's the price we pay for visiting our beautiful Mexico. Last time me and my family cross the border to Tijuana, the way back we waited five hours. That is too much, actuall what was surprising was that the agent from customs, advised me to write letters. That this was totally unacceptable, which she is right. I cannot reveal her name, but she thought this was terrible. So my friends, let's unite on this and start writing letters to congress, to the imigration sersvices, customs you name it. It is totally insane, I heard a woman complaining about the wait @ the crossing, she said she made 4 hours, I thought this woman is insane. Well I'm another insane for going across with this wait time, that's what the imigration agent thought and said to me. That I wsa insane for going to Mexico, Sra. a que va usted a Tijuana con esta lineas? Well I love going and I have family back there.
    I urge you to write letters

• Oct 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I agree about writing the letter to congress not that they actually give a crap but at least try it. I go every Friday after work about 5:00 traffic from Baldwin park, Ca to Tijuana get there about 9:30pm and come back every Sunday about 2:00pm to wait in line from 3-6 hours and then another 2-3 to get back to Baldwin park. The only reason I endure this torture is because my husband is deported and as a good mom and wife I stand by my family. It sucks because my car isnt in the best condition and I do this travel every single weekend without fail. Its a royal pain in the butt and very annoying but I have to keep doing this until the line erases from my behind from sitting there all day