Getting Around Estado de Baja California Norte

Most Viewed Transportation in Estado de Baja California Norte

• Fewf's Profile Photo

Stay in the Right Lane at the Border

by Fewf Written Jul 31, 2006

I was advised to bring my license and registration and even the title for the vehicle, and to get into the right lane so that I could present all the documents and get a tourist card. As we were pulling up to the border, the right lane was packed and all the other lanes were nearly empty, so my driver's instinct kicked in, I changed lanes, passed everybody, and pulled up to the border. There was nothing there except a bump and a glowing red light. When I pulled up to the bump, the red light turned to a green light with the word PASE in the middle, and I drove across into Mexico. No document inspection. No tourist card. No way to turn around and fix it. As it turned out, we'd simply saved money, because we didn't pay for a tourist card and no one checked. We were stopped twice at military checkpoints where the soldiers looked through our fruits, but not our documents. But I have a feeling it was a risk that was probably not worth taking.

• modsquads's Profile Photo

camping baja

by modsquads Written May 4, 2004

my trip was mainly camping, and i feel that was agreat way to see the land, and the weather is so great that it makes for a great experience. But when i do it again, it will certainly be in an RV. Most campgrounds are well equipped for them, and are not very grassy or shady for tent camping, which can be a bit uncomfortable. We did come across places that were very nice, but did not allow tent campers!!

• Camping

• kathycollins's Profile Photo

rent a motorbike

by kathycollins Written Mar 20, 2003

renting a car or motorbike is the easiest and cheapest way to get around. Be aware that ANY accident in Mexico can land you in jail until responsibility and costs are dealt with - even if you have insurance!

• kathycollins's Profile Photo

taxis

by kathycollins Updated Mar 20, 2003

Taxis are expensive - from our hotel to Cabo San Lucas cost $60 round trip!!!!. The hotel did provide a shuttle service several times a day for $10 per person - a MUCH better deal!

• Pounder73's Profile Photo

Loreto / La Paz

by Pounder73 Written Feb 27, 2003

there are direct flights from LA (LAX) to La Paz and Loreto. I would check on the Mexican national airlines. Both times I flew Aeromexico.

Sunrise over the Sea of Cortez
    • School Holidays
    • Fishing

Estado de Baja California Norte Hotels

• Hotel Lucerna Tijuana

I loved this hotel for it's modern facilities, lovely grounds, central location and comparatively...

• Estero Beach Resort

The resort has quite expansive grounds providing areas for walking, jogging, fishing from the pier...

• Corona Plaza Rosarito

Calle del Cedro #151, Blvd Benito Juarez Y Calle 151, Rosarito, Baja California, Mexico

Satisfaction: Terrible

Plaza Santa María Hotels
Colima Hotels
17 Reviews - 22 Photos

Instant Answers: Estado de Baja California Norte

Comments

Estado de Baja California Norte Transportation

Reviews and photos of Estado de Baja California Norte transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Estado de Baja California Norte sightseeing.
Map of Estado de Baja California Norte