Local traditions and culture in Cabo San Lucas

Most Viewed Local Customs in Cabo San Lucas

• toddakiyama's Profile Photo

Christmas Time in Cabo

by toddakiyama Written Jul 31, 2007

*Christmas time in Cabo was a pretty cool time

*There were stages set-up around town to look at and the square had shows in the evening to watch for free. It was cool to just hang-out and watch the holiday activities in Cabo, Mexico

• toddakiyama's Profile Photo

Local Art

by toddakiyama Written Jul 31, 2007

*Plenty of shops around town selling local art

*You'll also want to take your camera with you so you can take pictures of the local art around town

*I actually bought some hand painted items from local vendors for $5 USD each. They were really cool looking, so I bought them to give to friends who love this sort of thing

• bfiesta's Profile Photo

Tipping

by bfiesta Written Feb 18, 2007

If the service or the food is good you should always tip... and tip well. The minimum wage in Mexico is $5.00 US a DAY! At times I have gotten a somewhat cold reception when I have given a tip... like a 'whatever' kind-of feel. But I chaulk that up to not only having to work in the service industry but having to deal with the throngs of touristas on a daily basis. I continue to tip well and 98% of the time my tip has been received very well. Indeed, happily.

• lil_traveller's Profile Photo

Church

by lil_traveller Updated Dec 11, 2004

While walking through the streets in Cabo going from store to store, we heard this music coming from somewhere. Thinking it was just the radio in some store, we kept walking but as we walked on we approached this fence and saw that the music was coming from there. We went inside the fence and saw that a mass at church was going on. It was a mass for the women and they were singing beautiful music and were all wearing the same clothing. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever saw. It was so different than the usual church we go to and they were so into it. Some women were even crying and that was something I never saw before either. It was great. We stood in the door way watching and listening and then the pastor came up to us and invited us in and allowed us to videotape some of it. He was very nice to us and was very thankful that we took the time to see their culture.

Mass for the women

• Ronald_T's Profile Photo

American lifestyle...

by Ronald_T Written May 3, 2004

Due the many American tourists (95%), Cabo San Lucas is not a typical Mexican city anymore. Everything is from and for the Americans and many do live here. Prices are not in Pesos, but in US$. There is a newspaper in English called the Gringo Gazette written and published by Americans. Here you can find everything you have to know about living and travelling in Los Cabos. Only some Mariachis in town remind that you are in Mexico. Also, you do not need to speak Spanish in Cabo, everyone here speaks English.

I met an American couple in Los Cabos with who I had a drink with. Strange, but when they came to Cabo, they never thought arriving in Mexico. They where sure to end up in California?!?!

Mariachis on the Marina...

Cabo San Lucas Hotels

Solmar Suites
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Latest: Jul 10, 2014

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

Cabo San Lucas Local Customs

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Cabo San Lucas locals.
Map of Cabo San Lucas