Cabo Wabo, Cabo San Lucas

Know about this? Rate It!

2nd Free show ;)
    Sammy - great show!
    Mona and Sammy
  • tfairlane500's Profile Photo

Cabo Wabo: cabo bore-o

by tfairlane500 Updated Dec 10, 2009

My husband and I went there during the late afternoon on my birthday (and nobody anywhere in Cabo cares if it's your birthday, so don't expect even as much as a "well, happy birthday, what can I get you?" from anyone). There was one other couple in the place and getting drinks was so difficult! Once we did, I had the waborita which was pretty good. I ordered their nachos and they were REALLY good, but my husband ordered their fish tacos and subsequently got sick for the rest of the night. I saw their food menu online before our trip, but the menu they made available to us was not that and it was very small. When a new server came on shift, our server presented us with the bill halfway through our meal and waited not so patiently for us to pay. I really would not recommend this place for their food or service. Maybe if we had gone at night when something exciting was happening, it would have been fun, but I would not go again.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

CABO WABO CANTINA: DAY OR NIGHT, THE TIME IS RIGHT

by travelgourmet Updated Jun 21, 2008

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE

Whoa, Cabo Wabo. This is one of the must Cabo San Lucas nightspots, day or night. The food is good, the drinks are better, and the music goes on and on. Many levels to visit, and you must walk up the stairs to go downstairs to the bar/dance floor/pool table.

The restaurant sits on the top floor and stairs are the only way up, but the back street offers a straight in walkway to the bar/dance floor area. The live music starts at 9 pm and goes all night.

Dress Code: No real dress code, but safe to say they might exclude the nude. At least until the party gets roaring after midnight.

• Cruise
    • Singles

• Cabo Wabo: Do not drive, if you drive do not drink

by opportunistinmexico Written Apr 24, 2008

My friend told me that he almost got in jail because he left the bar about 1 am and he was a little drunk, someone follow him and pull him over, they were going to take him to the police station, they asked for 200.00 dollars. He gave them the money. Please be aware.

• kevinism's Profile Photo

Cabo Wabo: Fun Times at CABO WABO

by kevinism Written Dec 7, 2007

Owned by Sammy Hagar, this bar packs in good-looking crowds that are on vacation and just want to have a lot of fun. Most of the people there were from the cruise or in hotels nearby, so nobody was worried about driving drunk and everyone was pretty much wasted already at 1pm. Live rock bands from the all over the world compliment the atmosphere. The age-range was anywhere from 18-30.

One of Cabo's few air-conditioned bars; it's especially popular in the summer months. Believe me, you wanted to stay indoors, as it was extremely hot outside, even in October! When the band wasn’t playing, a dance club-type sound system plays mostly rock and some alternative and techno. Overstuffed furniture frames the dance floor along with booths and some café-like tables.

In the evening they were playing mostly alternative and later a bit of techno with some old school 80's/90's to current rock. The drinks were not overly expensive, and delicious, especially the Caborita, the Red Rocker, and of course the CaboWabo shots. Beer goes for $3, margaritas for $5. For food, TacoWabo just outside the club's entrance was delicious (or was I drunk?)

Luckily for us we were there very early in the day. By about 3pm, all the seating had been filled. People had to find tables outside where it was very hot, although the heat did seem to add to the general drunkenness of the atmosphere.

If you go to CaboWabo be careful. There are tons of vendors walking around with little homemade or crappy souvenirs, and they stand outside waiting to take advantage of a drunken tourist. I ended up with a bunch of bracelets and necklaces with rice inside with words written on the rice.

Dress Code: Whatever you want. Dress for the weather.

• Cruise
    • Singles

• Cabo Wabo: Best Band and Club in Cabo!!!

by jasee Updated Aug 26, 2007

Cabo Wabo Cantina is the best place to be! The live band that plays there is simply awesome.....and you can't help but feel the excitement just listening to their beat!

One thing nice about the place is that....there's no cover charge and no minimum drinks required. Stay as long as you want....drink as much as you can take!(..no limit!).

You have to be there at least by 10PM(or earlier) to be able to get a table....or else, you'll end up standing the whole night(nobody wants to leave early). While waiting for the band to show up, they have all types of music being played loudly in the background and you can start dancing right next to your table or at their dance floor.

The band usually comes out and play at around 11PM and and that's when the real party starts.....people dancing wildly...some even brings some plastic mannequin and throws it around the dance floor!

Cabo Wabo became famous because it's owned by the former lead singer of the famed group "Van Halen"......Sammy Hager !

Don't forget to order their famous Cabo Wabo Tequila! :-) Try "Waborita".....hmmmm!

Dress Code: Casual....jeans is always the mode!

• nakedbeachbum1's Profile Photo

Cabo Wabo: Free Concerts!

by nakedbeachbum1 Written Jun 9, 2007
    2nd Free show ;)

If you are traveling to Cabo, and are a Sammy Hagar fan, you have to check out Cabo Wabo. By pure luck I checked their web site a few days before my scheduled trip, and found that Sammy would be playing 3 nights for free while I was there. The catch was to stand in line first thing in the morning to get a wrist band. Expecting an outrageous mob of fans, I showed up about 8:00 a.m. and probably had only about 30 people in front of me. Each person received 2 free wrist bands to come back to the show that night.

When you arrive later for the show, you are passed right in...no line to wait in (and by 9:00 at night, the line is long!). Just something to check if you plan to visit there anyway.

I'll be back!

Dress Code: Not that I'm aware of!

• Beer Tasting
    • Music

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Cabo Wabo: Great Club

by changeinlatitude Updated Feb 25, 2006

This is also a great nightlife spot. The place doesn't really start jumping until 10:00 so be sure to take a good nap before you go and have a great time.

This is Sammy's place and you never know when he is going to show up. Also, October is his big birthday bash. I have never been here for that, but everyone I know that has says it is one great party.

Dress Code: Vary casual.

• Music

• Cabo Wabo: Not much of a tip

by Sixstringjunkie Written Feb 17, 2006

I know cabo san lucas offers many nice night life attractions like bars and dance clubs such as the world famous cabo wabo. Although I did pass these places on my travel there, I never went there at night. Reason being that there is no public tranportation there after 11pm or so. The only way I could have gone is if I rented a car or taken an expensive taxi cab. I'm not much of a bar or club type of guy so I didn't go regardless.
    However, I'm sure these places are very nice at night for those of you who are more outgoing than I am.

I did go visit a local bar near my hotel in san jose del cabo. It was a nice bar but the music they played wasn't my style.. mostly mexican dance songs. I did meet some very nice ladies there and it was a good time. Beers were 1 dollar each and the bar tenders were all very nice. They open till 4am and when you leave the bar.. they even let you take your beer with you! I don't know if that is legal practice so I won't mention the name of the bar but it was great times even for someone not as outgoing as me. The only thing that was bad were the restrooms.. they were dirty and crowded but when you're as drunk as I was, you could care less where you drain it lol.

Dress Code: I don't think this place has a dress code.

• Meisjodi's Profile Photo

Cabo Wabo: Sammy Hagar's Birthday Bash!

by Meisjodi Written Jun 5, 2004

Me and My husband waiting for the show

Ok, this was an incredible experience and well worth the wait. Since Sammy Hagar and I share the same birthday we figured that there isn't a better place to spend my, excuse me OUR birthdays than at the annual Birthday bash at the Cabo Wabo. It was a wild and crazy time and one of the best times I have ever had! Even on trips to Cabo When Sammy was not in town the Cabo Wabo is a must see place to go. I just love it there! Oh boy do I have stories about our nights there!!!

• Ronald_T's Profile Photo

Cabo Wabo: Good live music...

by Ronald_T Updated Apr 26, 2004

Cabo Wabo...

This is a great hard rock pub with very nice live bands. Only problem is that it can be very busy and you have to wait outside about 30 to 60 minutes to get in. They have also two pool tables, but not from the best quality. Most of Mexican bars do not offer a pool table, so, I don't complain if those or not the best ones :o)

• Cabo Wabo: Cabo Wabo

by grkboiler Updated Feb 18, 2004

Cabo Wabo from Blvd Marina

This is the most publicized place in Cabo, and a great party spot in my opinion. To describe this place as wild would be an understatement. There is a crazy atmosphere every night, and people aged 18+ can enjoy it. Plenty of crazy things go on in there. It is amazing what alcohol can do to people.

The band and DJ are decent. It is usually pretty full by 10 PM, so it is a good idea to go around 9 if you want a good table (or a table at all).

Rock star Sammy Hagar is the owner and is there randomly and for special occasions planned throughout the year. Celebrities are frequently invited, along with famous bands and rock stars that play live on the stage. Sammy's birthday in October is usually jam packed, and New Year's Eve is another overcrowded night.

Overall, this is a good place to experience at least once when you come to Cabo.

Dress Code: No dress code here. Anything can be worn in this place.

Some women choose to leave certain articles of their clothing on the floor or hanging from the bar, so I would recommend not bringing your kids here - which would also usually involve bribing the bouncer to let them in, but thats another issue. This is not a family place.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels