Know about this? Rate It!
Apparently it's easy to get here if you are with a tour. We weren't. It took us a couple of DAYS (not all day, we tried for an hour and gave up, tried the next day) to find this factory. Finally we took a wrong turn and there it was. They have great stuff and every place you go for dinner has their glasses and plates. It isn't cheap. But for a tip, the guy will let you hold the pole with the crazy, hot glass and make you feel like an artist for a bit.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Spa and Resort
- Road Trip
A nice drive for lunch to Todos Santos is a relaxing way to get out of the city. There is not much here in the way of entertainment. The Hotel California is a great place for lunch. Watch out for TOPAS (speed bumps in the middle of the highway)!
Just outside of Cabo are several glass factories. We really like the smaller family run factory and try to support them by buying several pieces each year. The tour busses all go to the bigger factory.
There's one of those Mexican...
There's one of those Mexican glass factories on the north (inland side) of the highway between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. Prices are good, especially when you check the same items in the import market back home. Alaska Air supplied two good carry-on boxes for the trip home - worked well.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cabo San Lucas Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Little Tybee Island Hotels
- Nittambuwa Hotels
- Cape Town Hotels
- Hammamet Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path