What to pack, Cabo San Lucas

Know about this?

• What to pack
    by FOURPIRSQ
  • Pack light for Cabo! (photo by Gary S Chapman)
    Pack light for Cabo! (photo by Gary S...
    by Usctwin
    cold sailing trip
    by kcochran111
  • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Pack light!

by Usctwin Written Jun 14, 2012

Pack light for Cabo! (photo by Gary S Chapman)

Luggage and bags: You really only need 2 small pieces of luggage - a regular size carry on and a backpack or beach bag.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: If you're planning to spend most of your time on the beach or the water, you only need to bring flip flops. Flips flops were all we needed for dinners, walking around town and mostly everything. If you're going to go hiking, off-roading, or horseback riding, plan to bring a pair of tennis shoes. Ladies, don't bring heels here! The ground is all cobble stone and very tough for walking. If you insist on bringing a pair of heels, make sure they are platforms.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Pharmacies are located about every 100 yards and you can pretty much get anything you need there. If you have special medication, of course make sure to bring it with you.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: No need to bring your own towel or beach chair, as most of the hotels provide these for you. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a sun hat are all recommended!

Miscellaneous: For ladies, bathing suit, a couple of sun dresses and flip flops is all you need. Cabo is super casual!

• bfiesta's Profile Photo

Pack light... but

by bfiesta Written Feb 18, 2007

Luggage and bags: The baggage handling at the airport in Cabo leaves a lot to be desired. If you are bringing something delicate (like wine for example) pack it well. Very well.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: It seems I have been packing lighter each time we go. However, the hotel we stay at (The Westin) has laudry facilities. But I always bring one pair of pants and a light jacket. Hat and sunglasses are a must. SPF 45 for my fair skined Irish wife. Although if you forget something or run out of supplies there is always Costco, Mega (San Jose), or Soriannas (San Jose).

• Snorkel gear oh Dear!

by caboruss Written Jun 30, 2006

Luggage and bags: Luggage it is best to travel light, meaning 2 suite cases, and a "carry on for your camera's, personal I.D. information, and jewelry. "

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Water shoes are a plus, I carry two pair each time I travel there. One pair for social events and one pair for the beach. I take 4 or 5 swim suites and that is generally my clothing most of the day except when I go out to eat, but a resturant called Villa Serena has a pool with a beautiful view. You can swim while you waite for your lobster. You will also need good head gear such as a hat if you are going to do any walking. And for those of us who love to snorkel I suggest you go and purchase your own snorkel gear. Most tourist service will provide you with what you need if you do not have any.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Other than sun block I get all my toilerties and medical supplies in Cabo, Cabo is a civilized town with plenty of stores, including Costco.

Photo Equipment: I take 4 or 5 camera's if not more. I suggest digital camera's for senery, and people photo's. I suggest those cheap under water camera's you can buy from Fuji or Kodak. My experience is that they take just as good a picture as my digital under water camera (I have a cheap under water camera). But they take a good picture if you are close to the fish.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Beach gear is a must. I rent a car and drive to the beach. I have a sun tent ,and it is a great! Along with a colapsable cooler for my beer (easy to put in your luggage), my snorkel gear which includes flippers, and my water shoes to get to the car.

Miscellaneous: Baja is a wonderful place. Just be careful and respectful and you should have a wonderful time.

• Beaches

• FOURPIRSQ's Profile Photo

Keep It Simple

by FOURPIRSQ Written Jul 9, 2005

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Swim suit
    Shorts
    T-shirt
    Something easy and comfortable for an evening on the town
    comfortable sandles
    A hat is a must
    Sunglasses

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: the hotel I stayed at provided soap, hair shampoo, towles, hair dryer, and toilet paper. Bring everything else.

Photo Equipment: What ever you fell like lugging around.

Miscellaneous: My aunt brought with her a suitcase of water. You don't need to do this, just buy it there for about us$1.00. However, we did drink it all and she had an extra suitecase to bring back goodies in!

• kcochran111's Profile Photo

Brrr!

by kcochran111 Updated Jun 4, 2004

cold sailing trip

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Cabo was FREEZING this April compared to other times I've visited Mexico. It was over 100 everyday last year, but not this trip!

I spent almost every night in the same pair of linen pants and light sweater. Pack for varied weather! Better safe than...cold!

• Things You May Need

by grkboiler Written Jan 19, 2004

Luggage and bags: Something to take your things to the beach, or to carry the things you buy at the beach

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bring a jacket. It can get cool at night in the "winter"

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Kaopectate, Tums, Pepto Bismol - I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from

Photo Equipment: Plenty of film

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: A hat - the sun can get very hot and many people burn easily here

• EL_Bobbo's Profile Photo

Sandals, shorts, one or two shirts and a camera

by EL_Bobbo Updated Jul 2, 2003

Luggage and bags: It's hot, it's always hot, at night it's hot. It only rains when there is a hurricane. This is Baja...dress down.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Sandals or no shoes.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Please.

Photo Equipment: YES! If you got it bring it. Great photo ops with the natural rocks at lands end.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Bring sunblock and sunglasses

by spartan Written Feb 25, 2003

Luggage and bags: Pack light as it can get very hot and humid in Cabo, plus it's a long drive to and from the airport.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bring the bare essentials, swimsuit, shorts, t-shirt, tank top...lol

Photo Equipment: A regular camera will do just fine

• Spa and Resort

• armyretired's Profile Photo

by armyretired Written Oct 5, 2002

Luggage and bags: Suitcases for your clothing and a backpack to carry all of those goodies you find. No laundry bag is needed since most accomodations have washers and dryers.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: No jacket. Maybe a light sweater just in case. Sandals are a must, good walking shoes, lots of shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, caps/hats, shades (very dark), rain would be welcome, therefore no rain cover or clothing should be required, beware of flash floods.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring sun screen especially if you are sensitive to sunlight. All medications to last for your stay. I've heard you can obtain refills in Cabo if you run out. Narcotic medications should be accompanied by a valid prescription bottle. A small first aid kit, soap, and toiletries you normally use at home should be brought with you since Cabo is expensive for most everything except booze.

Photo Equipment: I personally use a good Digital Camera which takes photos just as good as a 35mm camera. Bring plenty of film. If you bring a digital camera, be sure you have a means to transfer your images to storage at the end of the day. I take my notebook with me for the job so I can also edit them on the fly. Bring extra batteries as well.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: SUNSCREEN cannot be expressed enough. The sun in Cabo is very bright.

Miscellaneous: If you are stying in a Condo with all the comforts of home (timeshare, etc), you will want to lay in some food stuffs. Beware that food is expensive in Cabo. They will not allow you to bring in meat or vegtables. Bring canned food. If you drink coffee, bring a can of coffee AND sugar. Those two items are especially expensive. Bring the munchies you like also. While in Cabo, you can keep up on your favorite TV shows. While there in '01, I was surprised to see all of my local TV stations off Satellite (Seattle KOMO, KIRO, and KING). Amazing to wake up to see the rain and traffic mess at home. Makes you appreciate where you are. The TV will depend on where you are staying. We had a couple Los Angeles stations for a couple days. CNN and some premium channels are available, but then who wants to spend their time in Cabo watching the tube when the action is in town?

• Packing List

by Tropical_Guy Written Oct 4, 2002

Luggage and bags: Standard luggage, easily entered by airport security. If you plan to bring back souvenir shirts & soft stuff like that, pack an empty cloth duffle in your suitcase. Once you arrive, take it out and fill it up with goodies. Except fruit, critters or people. The USBP, Customs Svc., and USDA all frown on that.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Take good hiking-type shoes if you plan to leave the hotel. Between the sidewalks and the rocks, you'll be glad you have them.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Lots of hot sun almost overhead means sunblock. I'd pack a first aid kit with some antiseptic stuff for skinned knees, toes, and so on.

Photo Equipment: Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe a telephoto lens in case a whale goes by.

Miscellaneous: We stay in a condo-type place, so we would pack a box full of groceries here at home, and ship it down there on the same flight we are on. Much cheaper and most likely safer than groceries there.

• vpr's Profile Photo

by vpr Updated Oct 4, 2002

Luggage and bags: Travel light since you don't really need much while in Cabo, Wear the same t-shirt for a few weeks and you will not notice the difference,

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Sandals , Boots , Shorts, Hats

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Lots of sunscreen , I was sunburned untill I turned 75

• Goner's Profile Photo

by Goner Written Aug 25, 2002

Map of Cabo

Luggage and bags: Just a small bag on wheels should be enough, you don't need any heavy clothes.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: The bathing suit is a must! Evenings between October and April can be cool so a jacket may be needed. We didn't need one in February however. The rainy season is most of July through September and a rain jacket might be required.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: The pharmacies and stores have all the stuff if you didn't bring it.

Photo Equipment: I didn't buy any film down there so don't know if it's expensive or not, best to bring it with you.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Don't forget the suntan lotion - the sun can be very hot.

Miscellaneous: Bring good walking shoes, some of the streets and sidewalks are uneven and old.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

Other What to Pack in Cabo San Lucas

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels