Places to eat in Cabo San Lucas

Most Viewed Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas

• MStars's Profile Photo

Tacos Gardenias: Tacos Tacos Tacos

by MStars Written Jul 8, 2012

This place is all about super fresh tacos, you can see them fry the fish or shrimp right there after you order. I had a mango margarita that was delicious as well. My only regret about this place was that I couldn't fit as many tacos into my belly has I wanted. It was quiet when we were there, so it didn't feel like it was that touristy, although this place is rated high online and in guidebooks. We mentioned to the owner that we found her restaurant in a guidebook, she had no idea that it was in there and seemed very pleased.

Favorite Dish: The fish tacos and shrimp tacos were excellent!

simple and fresh

• Goner's Profile Photo

Hotel Cabo San Lucas: Cocktails and Sunsets

by Goner Updated Apr 9, 2011

I'm sorry to say the Hotel Cabo San Lucas have only privately owned villas and is not open to everyone.

Hotel Cabo San Lucas is THE place to to have a cocktail and watch the sunset. You can sit on one of the many levels of verandas, sip a Pina Colada, listen to the Mariachis serenade and watch waves crashing on the shore below. The views of the Sea of Cortez and Bahia Chileno are magnificent. See travelog.

This has got to be the most romantic setting in all of Cabo - DON'T MISS IT.

Favorite Dish: The Pina Coladas were the best I've had in years.

Pina Coladas plus

Los Claros: Great Tacos!

by culturedesigns Written Mar 24, 2011

Off the beaten path. Got to this place with a strong recommendation from a local woman. Tolds us they had great/cheap tacos. They definitely did. $2.00 each, and so so delicious! The fish was fresh and unbreaded. A whole salsa bar to choose from, with every kind of heat and flavor you can think of. Very good, highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: Tacos Pescados! Yum

• Women's Travel

Happy Ending Cantina: Best deal in town

by culturedesigns Written Mar 24, 2011

So I put this in the Pub/Brewery section though it's mainly just a bar, because I don't think they serve food. I could totally be wrong about that though. What we went there for was their $1.00 double tequila shots! This trip turned into a little bit a a drinking trip, so we thought we'd do it right..The owner was from Pasadena CA, a very nice young man, welcoming, and the waitstaff were hysterical. They blasted country music, which for me personally was the only con. The seating was semi-outdoors, with a view of the strip. Great for people watching. We met a ton of really fun people, tourists and locals alike.

Favorite Dish: $1.00 Double Tequila shots.

Sangria's: A real locals spot

by culturedesigns Written Mar 24, 2011

Just a tiny little open store front with a micro bathroom, and upstairs with a view of the strip. We were recommended this place by a local, when we asked for a non touristy bar. The young women bar tending was really sweet, great to talk to, and made a great drink. The have specials daily and is just a nice little spot to stop into.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

la FRIDA Restaurant: Don't miss the VIEW

by ViajesdelMundo Written Jul 21, 2010

Gourmet Mexican/Latin American/Seafood fare in an elaborately decorated area with a verandah option, whch overlooks the Pacific Ocean.

When we dined, it was FULL MOON night, in late May, and the moon rose right in front of us while we were served.......you don't get much more romantic than this. Also, strolling through is a woman who sings and is dressed as Frida.

Favorite Dish: We prefer seafood cooked more plainly, which is a problem in a gourmet restaurant, as they want to add so much to it; our fish was good, but I prefer it less dressed up.

The wine list is extensive, but also too pricey to be enjoyable.

Outside tables Replica of a Frida dress FRIDA View from Verandah Table
    • Luxury Travel

• tfairlane500's Profile Photo

Cabo Taco: Cabo Taco is the best!

by tfairlane500 Written Dec 10, 2009

The tacos here are the best my husband and I have ever had! We asked a guy that worked at Pueblo Bonito Blanco where the best tacos are and he told us to go to see his friend Jose Luis at Cabo Taco. We were so glad we did that we went there 3 times during our week-long stay! The ambiance is very laid back and we met and talked with other people there. It's pretty much an outdoor place, but covered. Like a big patio. And, yes, the bathroom was pleasant and clean! It's not right on the marina, so it's not in a big touristy area. It's off of the main drag a few blocks next to Mariscos Mazatlan (don't eat there, just use it as a landmark).

Favorite Dish: Jose Luis prepares all of the sauces and everything from scratch there and it is SO good! He informed us that the taco originated in Mexico City and that's where he is from, so I guess that makes him a pro. For less than a dollar a taco, there is no reason not to stuff yourself and try all of his different kinds. My husband really liked the chorizo and I thought the carne asada was the best (that's how I judge the taco places). There are other items on the menu, too, so you don't have to only have tacos, but when in Rome!

Tacos! Jose Luis making the best tacos at Cabo Taco Enjoying the best tacos in the world

• Duncan95's Profile Photo

El Coral: Great Grilled Seafood

by Duncan95 Written Apr 15, 2009

The food at El Coral was fabulous - seafood grilled on an open fire- with reasonable prices and good drinks in an open-air courtyard. The restaurant is right across Marina Boulevard from the Tesoro hotel and is only made better by the friendly staff.

Favorite Dish: First and foremost the grilled lobster (langosta) is fabulous served with drawn garlic butter. The crab (congreco) too is grilled giving it a great flavour. The whole red snapper was spectacular as well. The other two things I had were the scallops (callos) and fish tacos (tacos del pescado). The scallops were small sea scallops but the flavour was spectacular and they were perfectly cooked so that they were still tender. The fish tacos were grilled and served on corn tortillas (torillas de maiz). The pico de gallo was spectacular and don't skip the mashed potatos. Yes, it seems like a benign side dish but these are really good.

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Mariscos Mazatlan: Great mexican

by PALLINA Written Aug 27, 2008

First of all try to avoid the restaurants direct on harbour, where most of the tourists stop. This typical Mexican is at walking distance from harbour in direction San Josè. There are locals there and I had a very special chicken fajitas.

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

the shrimps factory: Giant shrimps

by PALLINA Written Aug 25, 2008

First of all try to avoid the restaurants direct on harbour, where most of the tourist stop. This typical Mexican is by the harbour but a bit inside and it’s a nice place to have a huge and reasonable prices plate of comida Mexicana: as the name suggest, they have a very wide selection of every type and size of shrimps.

• Wamongo: Caution! A Place to Avoid

by Oldbagpipes Written Apr 20, 2008

This is a small restaurant next door to Solomon's. Their motto is "The waiter never makes a mistake". A group of nine of us ate dinner here the second night after arriving in Cabo. Wamongo's was very small and cozy. Two of the ladies order lobster tail which was on the menu for $18.00 USD. They also cooked the fish that were caught that day for five others. When the bill came the charge for the lobster tails was $48.00 each. The waiter insisted they had ordered a whole lobster even though there was no entree on the menu for "whole lobster". There were no claws on the lobsters served, so they could not have been whole. Meeting with the owner/manager the next day was unproductive. Two nights of holding a sign outside the restaurant to warn other patrons of Wamongo's ethics had a visable impact on the business both nights.

Wamongo's Overcharges

• Mole Mio: GREAT TORTILLA SOUP!!!

by redforever Written Jan 31, 2008

O Mole Mio Restaurant features contemporary Mexican cuisine. It's specialty, as their name indicates, is different moles, or sauces, served over chicken. The food was so good that we went back multiple times.

They have some interesting twists on Mexican food and the service is very good as well. The food arrives hot and very nicely presented. You feel relaxed eating there too.

The restaurant itself is not huge. Guadalajara artist, Ernesto Cruz, de-signed the interior. They have a small outside seating area and the inside is two levels, very interesting and eclectic interior.

Favorite Dish: Well all of the food that our group of 4 had was good, on every occasion that we ate there. My favorite was the tortilla soup, although both their chili rellenos and chicken enchiladas were great too. I forget the name now, but another great dish was with chicken, it had been butterflied, stuffed, rolled up and cooked. Then its was sliced, slices were arranged overlapping diagonally in nice sauces. Great presentation, excellent to eat as well. And of course their mole was great too.

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

DaGiorgio's: Now called Sunset Da Mona Lisa.....still gorgeous

by jenn5179 Written Jan 18, 2008

This place is BEYOND romantic and by far the best place to watch the sunset in Cabos.
    When we were there in 2005, it was called Da Giorgio's

We got there, and on one of the many balconies (there are tons of outdoor tables) there was actually a wedding ceremony going on!

Its Italian, and we only had a bottle of wine and an appetizer because we had plans for the evening
    (Well, little did I know we had plans, my husband actually proposed to me on one of the cliffside balconies as we drank our wine and watched the sunset and then took me back to the hotel to order room service and call our families!)

BUT - it was a beautiful place, and friends who recommended it said the food is very good.. a little pricey for Mexico, but good.

I would go there, even if just for a drink, to see the sunset

In looking for their website, I came across this page, apparently the name of the restaurant has changed:

Favorite Dish: To be honest, I know the appetizer was good, but because of all that happened while we were there, I have no idea what we ate :)

• abramsonthego's Profile Photo

La Fonda: Interesting, special Mexican food

by abramsonthego Written Nov 7, 2007

The atmosphere here is laid back with understated elegance. My husband took me here for my birthday. It was so good, we went back the next night. They offer unique items like ant eggs and grasshoppers which we didn't try because we are too boring. The soups were amazing. Even if the entree sounds run of the mill, they make it in the most unique and delicious way. It is a wonderful experience to come here.

Favorite Dish: I loved the tortilla soup. They bring out so many wonderful items to put in and make the way you like. I tried to make it when we got home, but couldn't reproduce it effectively.

Not tortilla soup, but a creamy, pepper soup...YUM

• Puerto San Lucas: By far the best food we had in Cabo!

by dhpryor Written Oct 6, 2007

We almost walked by this empty place, till the only patrons convincingly waved and flagged us in. This place was simply superb. They have a garlicky-habanero salsa that's to die for. Too bad they didn't have any bottled to take back to the States. Everything everyone had (8 on a bachelor party) LOVED their food...whether it was shrimp, lobster, steaks...everything.

By far the best we had in Cabo.

Go and thank me later

They deserve a lot more business than they had while we were there (2 tables filled total). That's why i'm writing this.

Favorite Dish: Habanero salsa! Everything

Pueblo Bonito Blanco
Solmar Suites
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

Cabo San Lucas Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Cabo San Lucas locals.
Map of Cabo San Lucas