ATV Tours, Cabo San Lucas

• First stop.  Larry (our guide) and the mister
    First stop. Larry (our guide) and the...
  • Photo by Larry at the whale watching site
    Photo by Larry at the whale watching...
    Another photo by Larry
  • changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

ATV Tour

by changeinlatitude Updated Feb 27, 2006

When you are here, do take an ATV tour. It is worth the time. Make sure you use a reputable company. We went with Baja and they were very good.

The tour takes you through the hills and over to the beach on the Pacific Ocean side. We saw at least 3 or 4 sealions catching some lunch while we were there and caught a quike whale spout.

Just remember, wear old clothes. It is very dusty.

• sayville's Profile Photo

4x4 off roading

by sayville Updated Aug 31, 2007

Bora Baja Off-Road Adventure. I was in Los Cabos for a week with my 2 children.(ages 20 and 22) My son really wanted to go off roading. What a great time. The jeeps only hold 2 people, a driver and passenger. My son drove one jeep with my daughter and I went with the owner. We were lucky it was just us. We did the 4 hour tour. We road through the desert, saw ranches and drove down to the Pacific Ocean.The scenery was amazing. We stopped at the ocean and had lunch. Each jeep has a packed cooler . We had sandwiches, water, juice, soda, chips and fruit. All included in the price. On the way back since it was just us, the owner knew my son could handle the trail and did some fast driving. We were on some of the "roads" used in the Baja 1000 race. My son was in his glory. My daughter is a big fruit lover, so along the way we stopped and Norman showed us how to pick this fruit off of the catus plant, clean it and eat it. THe owner, Norman, was great. He told about different sights we saw along the way. If you book with them, mention the family that picked the catus fruits. Oh Norman speak great English so no need to worry about the language. They have 3 different tours: 1 1/2 hours, 2 1/1 hours and 4 hours. Oh all of the jeeps are air conditioned and have a 2 way communication system to talk to the lead driver. Jeeps are comfortable and well maintained.

• jag17's Profile Photo

Let's Get Dusty!

by jag17 Updated Nov 10, 2007

Hang On Tight

Several places in town offer an ATV tour to the Old Lighthouse. It is a bouncy, dusty, adrenaline filled, few hours. We chose the Rancho Tour group. They were very safety conscious, and went over the driving instructions several times. You will follow the guide out of town, and stay as a group until you reach the sand dunes. You are then free to explore the area on your own. Take the last tour of the day when the sun is starting to go down. It is a bit cooler without the sun beating on you (they recommend you wear long pants).

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Baja by ATV

by BLewJay Updated Mar 30, 2005

A group hug in the desert

Cabo San Lucas was the first stop on our cruise, so we wanted to make it a memorable event...we toured Baja via All Terrain Vehicle (ATV). If you are looking for excitement and adventure, we highly recommend that you do this.

After a safety brief (where you are provided bandanas, goggles and a helmet), you are off on a 1 1/2 ride through a private desert park. Riding in caravan style, you'll discover what Baja has to offer firsthand. Stopping along a dry riverbed, you'll take a short nature walk to view the plants and wildlife in the area. Again, a great way to have fun and be one with nature.

• Cruise

• BobNorris's Profile Photo

ATV's on the beach.

by BobNorris Written Nov 4, 2005

We took an ATV tour in the dessert booked through our concierge. The tour lasted about 4 hours, with 2-3 hours of free time to ride the ATV's on a beautifull secluded beach. I believe the cost was around 60 $ US. Lot's of fun and well worth it.

• Motorcycle

• dlparker's Profile Photo

ATV riding at the sand dunes

by dlparker Written Aug 10, 2003

This was probably one of the funnest things that we did while in Cabo.
    You rent ATVS and they take you out to the Pacific ocean side and then you get turned loose and get to cruise around in the sand dunes.
    It is very very fun and well worth it.
    You do get a little dirty on the way there , they give you bandanas to put over your face so you dont get dirt in your mouth.

• lil_traveller's Profile Photo

Quading!

by lil_traveller Written Nov 19, 2004

My sister and I

If you are the adventerous type of person, then I suggest going quading. We chose the adventure that allowed us to go through the desert and along the beach and it was soooo much fun! After going through the desert you end up at the beach and we were allowed about 1/2 hour or so to go where we wanted , so of course, my sister and I went where the tour guide said to go at our own risk which was all full of large rocks and what not. You could also have some beer or water to refresh you. It's very fun, whether riding alone or with another person. Be prepared to wear not your nicest clothes because you will for sure get very dirty and dusty.

• tfairlane500's Profile Photo

ATV tour from Bajas!

by tfairlane500 Written Dec 10, 2009
    Another photo by Larry

My husband and I did an ATV tour through Baja's and it was really fun! The van picked us up at our hotel and took us out of town about a half an hour to the ATV tour headquarters (shack). They supplied us with helmets, goggles, and bandannas for covering up our faces. It's dusty! The elastic in the goggles was pretty shot, so my sunglasses did the trick. My husband is an avid motorcyclist, but I am not, so I was a little nervous. Apparently, my riding skills reflected that for a little while. Our tour guide, Larry, was super helpful, friendly, and abundantly patient. He helped to put me at ease and my skills improved once I got over my nervousness.

Larry guided us through some desert trails and then on to the beach. He pointed out various landmarks and animals (like the one-horned bull that lives nearby). He stopped when he saw one of the cacti had fruit on it and peeled it and gave it to us. He stopped to point out where there had recently been whale sightings, and we saw some. And Larry is also a great amateur photographer! He took great photos of me and my husband and the whales we saw. After he led us around, we were let off on our own for about 45 minutes. It was pretty fun even though my husband and I both got stuck on some of the trails that we wandered off on. If you're not a really seasoned ATVer during the time when you're out on your own, maybe just cruising on the beach would be best, because some of the trails around are really hard if you don't know what you're doing.

When we got back, they had sinks and restrooms for us to clean up in. Again, it's dusty! Then they took us back. It was fun!

• Baja's Activities ATV tour

by aranmade Updated Mar 24, 2011

We did an ATV tour through Baja's Activities. It was fantastic! Best part of our trip to Cabo. They picked us up at our hotel. There were four of us – me and my boyfriend, and a mom and her 16 year old son. I was the only one without atv experience, but I ride a motorcycle. Benjamin was our guide. He totally paced it to our level. Went slow at first til I got the feel of the atv then it was pretty much full-on 5th gear for most of it. Winding through desert paths then onto the beach. He took photos of us with my camera doing jumps. So fun.

• ATV Adventure?

by Sixpoint Written Mar 24, 2011

Booked a trip with Amigos ATV Adventures and was most disappointed.Found the machines to be in a poor state of repair,some barely running,most with near bald tires and more than one person complaining about poor or non existant brakes.My particular machine broke down on the way to the beach and when no none returned to find me I was forced to walk to the highway and make my way back to the start point.There I recieved a big runaround and finally was offered a refund.What should have been the highlight of our Baja holiday wasted the better part of my last full day in Mexico.

• toddakiyama's Profile Photo

ATV

by toddakiyama Updated Jul 31, 2007
    Eileen on an ATV

*ATV riding along the Beach and Dunes area, just outside of Cabo was a total blast

*My friend Eileen and I signed up for the 2 hour ATV ride through the Dunes and Beach

*Rental Office - there are many places in town to sign-up for a ATV excursion
    Eileen and I ended up talking with this American College drop-out guy on the main street and although we didn't sign-up the 1st time we talked with him, he gave us all the info.
    He also helped us out by giving us suggestions for our trip in Cabo, so a couple days later we went back and signed-up through him.

Cost - I believe we paid about $50 USD each for of us to share an ATV for two hours.

*The Excursion Group picked us up at our hotel in the morning and took us about 15 minutes out of Cabo to where the ATVs were located

*I had been to Cabo many times before and never signed_up for the ATV excursion

*It was a lot of fun and we got a chance to visit the Dunes and another beach area, it was worth the trip alone

• lil_traveller's Profile Photo

More quading

by lil_traveller Written Nov 19, 2004
    I'm on the back

The lovely attire tour guides give you to wear...haha, we look like banchees!.....We were crazy drivers and liked to go as fast as the quad would let us go and it was even more fun when he tour guide was racing with us. Definitely something you want to check out when in Cabo.

• SunBum1999's Profile Photo

ATV Adventure

by SunBum1999 Written Aug 3, 2004

The ATV tour is a must. The only thing I needed for this trip was a pair of shoes. All I brought were flip flops. Bought a pair of shoes and the next day had a blast. The guides were very friendly. They made sure we all made the steep hills then we arrived at the beach and we were turned loose. The only tip I have is make sure you use the bathroom at your hotel or resort. They have 2 old outhouses that were very dirty.

• austinmax's Profile Photo

ATV

by austinmax Written Feb 2, 2004

We got a FREE ATV tour by attending one of those darn TIME SHARE presentations.

We took a van about 30 minutes away to the company's private ATV playground. The main ATV route was closed as Brad Pitt was filming TROY back then.

We got covered with dirt but it was well worth it with the spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean. We went up and down the white sand hills for over an hour.

• Meisjodi's Profile Photo

ATV Tour

by Meisjodi Written Jun 5, 2004

The lighthouse ATV Tour is a must! We had a geat time on it. Make sure you ware pants the engines get really hot, and they help keep the dirt off of you.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels