Boating, Cabo San Lucas

• Jumpin in the water (look how green it is!)
    Jumpin in the water (look how green it...
    The Jungle Cruise Boat
    by Usctwin
  • Party time! (none of my group is in this photo)
    Party time! (none of my group is in this...
  • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Fun in the Sun with Jungle Cruise Snorkel Boat

by Usctwin Updated Jun 14, 2012

The Jungle Cruise Boat

Looking for a fun boat that takes you snorkeling? Then this is the one for you!

The Jungle Cruise departs from the main dock in Cabo San Lucas Marina in the late morning, around 10:30am. During the four hour cruise, the boat started by taking us out to get a close look at the Arch before heading over to Santa Maria Bay and Pelican Rock for snorkeling adventure. The trip over was pretty mellow - light reggae music played along with our continental breakfast. We enjoyed the sun, although shade is offered, as we headed over to the bay.

When we got to the bay, the music stopped and we had about 1 hour or so to snorkel or just hang out at the beautiful beach. After snorkeling lunch was served which included grilled chicken, rice, beans, chips and guacamole or salsa, fruit and dessert.

After lunch it's party time, whether you like it or not. The loud dance music starts to play, shots are served and the beer bong is out. You can choose to partake or not, it's up to you. And there's no pressure either way. If you prefer to just relax and enjoy the view, the staff have no problem with it. If your preference is to drink all the alcohol you can, the staff is also happy to oblige. We chose to watch the party people and relaxed in the sun and sipped on our cold beers. Either way, you're sure to have a good time.

The Regular Price per person is $45USD, but since we booked with them directly, they offer a $10 discount, making it just $35. Not a bad deal for a four hour cruise, snorkeling and continental breakfast and lunch.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• kcochran111's Profile Photo

Snorkle Tours

by kcochran111 Updated Apr 4, 2011

El Pez Gato

Definitely take a break from tanning to jump on a snorkel tour. We took the Pez Gato, a large catamaran, out for a day during the middle of our trip.

The staff is friendly and fun, and they offer a variety of fun activities while out at sea: snorkeling, whale watching, drinking, and dancing.

El Pez Gato. I kept laughing at my poor translation of the name. "Fishing cat" make so much more sense now!

Click the link below for a coupon!

• Jungle Cruise Booze Cruise!

by patmoon Written Oct 21, 2009

The Jungle Cruise booze cruise is by far the funnest sunset cruise you can take!!! It looks like an undersized boat with oversized speakers, but it is one huge party from the time you leave the dock till you return to it! We were flashed, we were mooned we did shots and danced, we also managed to see the sunset, sea lions and the arch. The crew was fun and kept every one in stitches. the people on the other cruises all wanted to be us! Don't go if you don't like to party!!!

• Singles
    • Beer Tasting
    • Cruise

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Sail aboard the Yael

by bpwarne Updated Feb 8, 2009
    The Yael, berthed in Cabo San Lucas

We sailed on the Yael in November 2008 during our one day port call at Cabo. We paid about $55 USD/ea. Lunch and a fully stocked open bar were included. While sailing was not all that good that day due to a lack of wind, everyone had a great time. The skipper Pete and his mate Jaime were very outgoing and friendly. We sailed out to the arch at Land's End, dropping anchor off Lovers Beach to snorkel for about an hour (at Pelican Rock I think) before continuing on, sailing around the bay.

The YAEL is a 44-foot Gaff-rigged, Staysail Ketch with four sails: mizzen, main, staysail and jib. She is is equipped with galley, head, and salon.

• Cruise
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

America's Cup Ultimate Sailing Experience

by HispanicYob Written Feb 3, 2009

Soaking it all in

Even though this isn't in America itself (well North America yes but not the US), this experience takes place entirely in Cabo. Manned by staff from the America's Cup themselves, who have been traveling the seas in days, give you the experience of working this enormous racing boat and there's even beer served onboard. Be weary though, because like me, I got seasick really bad so make sure you have a bit of something in your stomach before hand! This tour takes you on a hour cruise around the Gulf of Cabo and admire the scenery from the boat. From what I was told at the end of it, this is something brand new to the Cabo area and I suggest you try this! You're even awarded a certificate at the end saying you participated. A nice souvy from your sailing experience.

• Adventure Travel
    • Water Sports

• Whale Watching

by Sixstringjunkie Written Feb 17, 2006

heading out

Here's another fun thing to do while there.
    As part of my hotel package from priceline.com I was offered a free whale watching tour. THey picked us up at my hotel by bus, and took us to the marina in cabo. We boarded a boat and took off.
    The boat was nice actually.. it had a bar and a grill they used to serve us lunch. The food on the boat was actually excellent. They grilled some fajitas and served ice cold drinks. The bar tender was very nice and friendly. They basically took us on a tour of the waters in the sea of cortez to look for whales. We didn't find any but the trip was still very nice. The guide explained to us the history of cabo san lucas and what everything was named. Such as "lands end" the very last tip of the peninsula, "el archo" a natural arch near the tip, "window to the pacific" a small crack in the rock formation that splits the sea of cortez and pacific ocean. You can see the pacific side of the ocean from the sea of cortez. They also stopped by some rocks where sea lions were chilling like they didn't have a care in the world.. and honestly neither did I for that week haha.
    I liked how they had on board entertainment they played drinkings games etc. Definitely worth it especially for me since I didn't pay anything lol.

In the end they took us to santa maria bay. There we just jumped off the boat and went snorkling. They gave us all the equipment although it was pretty old and ragged.
    It was great to just cruise around and drink drink drink! :)

• malianrob's Profile Photo

The booze cruise

by malianrob Written Jan 22, 2006

It started out tame, the drinks started pouring, then it got wild. Needless to say we left the boat with alot of new friends. Mostly you get beer and alot of jungle juice. One price and its all the alcohol you can drink. And did i mention there was alot of tequila.

• Adventure Travel

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

Rent a boat

by cfuentesm Written Nov 16, 2005
    Boating Los Cabos

If you have a little extra money, rent a fishing boat or yatch. I promise it won't be expensive. A pro will take you fishing, if you don't fish then you can drive the boat, and you'll discover the magnificent Los Cabos' rock formations

• Eco-Tourism

• lil_traveller's Profile Photo

Seadooing!

by lil_traveller Written Nov 20, 2004

This was so much fun. It was our first time going seadooing and it was great. We loved it and it was hilarious beacause was went as fast as it would let us go and almost getting thrown off going against the waves is quite fun...haha... good times...good times...

• Summer33's Profile Photo

Trip to lovers beach

by Summer33 Written Sep 25, 2004

Lovers Beach

i'm not talking about the tour to the arch either, I'm talking about getting off in the ocean, which can be very scary I will admit, and exploring that amazing beach. It was something I was so glad that we did, the highlight of our trip. I can't say anything more then that. the water taxi's there were $10/ pp round trip, they explain everything but be sure to remember the guy/boat that dropped you off or you'll be paying that same price to get back. Don't miss it! This picture is the view of the desolate beach from the very end where we set up a blanket and had a picnic watching the little crabs crawl out of their holes and then dive immediately back in.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Go for a sunset sail on the...

by jessicadf Updated Jun 9, 2003

Avast ye mateys!

Go for a sunset sail on the pirate ship! The captain will give you the history of the ship, detail by detail. They also tell you all about the history of Cabo San Lucas, the pirates, the English, the Spanish, etc. They'll even give you a bit of a show. And yes, it's customary to tip them when they take you back to port.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

The glass bottom boat tour

by malianrob Written Jan 22, 2006

This was actually kinda lame. so much sand was getting kicked up that i really didnt see anything. We ended up having more fun just horsing around and taking pictures of eachother.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels