Scuba & Snorkel, Cabo San Lucas

Chileno Bay
    by Goner
  • Avoid Jungle Cruise at all Costs

by ego1474 Written Apr 13, 2014

I had an awful experience with the Jungle Cruise booked through JusCollege (cabospringbreak.com). Long story short, these people are liars and thieves. They stole $125 collectively between me and my four friends. If you sign up for a snorkeling tour with them, don't expect to actually go snorkeling.
    While on vacation in Cabo San Lucas, we payed $35 per person to go on a snorkeling tour. We were told that the tour would be 4 hours long and that food and drinks would be provided. Not only was food not provided, but we didn't even get to go snorkeling, which was the whole reason we signed up for the tour! Additionally, the tour was only 2 hours long and not 4, as was advertised.
    We contacted them to attempt to get a refund since we didn't even get to do the activity we paid for, and they first tried to convince us that we had gotten on the wrong boat. Then, they admitted that we had gotten on the right boat, but told us that we couldn't be issued a refund because the CEO had been personally present at the beginning of the tour, and had notified us that the tour was no longer a snorkeling tour and was being shortened in length. We were also told that we were offered a full refund on site if we chose not to get on the boat. At this point, the guy on the phone ("Gerard") was blatantly lying to us. No one ever talked to us about any changes to the cruise or the possibility of a refund. If we had known that we were not going to be snorkeling on this tour, we would have taken the refund and gone snorkeling elsewhere.
    We asked to speak to someone higher up, but were denied. In the end we accepted a partial refund of $10 per person since it was clear they were trying to screw us over and keep our money, so that was the best offer we were going to get.

• Sailing and Boating

• YAEL SNORKEL SAIL ABSOLUTE BEST EXCURSION EVER

by tothemax Written Sep 12, 2007

We found the YAEL Snorkel Sail online and it turned out to the be absolute best trip we have ever taken. The Captain was a delight, food delicious, and snorkeling spectacular. We extended our day trip from 3 hours to 5 hours and Captain Gil took us to some remote spots. We even had a massage therapist on board and two of our friends were married with the captain officiating. The price is great, only $57.00 per person or if you have a group it is $400.00. We only paid an extra $20.00 for the massage girl. I will never forget this trip and look forward to returning so I can go again. And no, I am not related to the Captain. If you want more information email me at tothemax@gorge.net

• Whale Watching
    • Sailing and Boating

• El Princesa

by mattroberts123 Written Aug 9, 2007

AMAZING TRIP.

I saw the others when we were on ours. I know we paid a little bit more, but I couldn't have asked for better service on anything.

Boat, Staff, Drinks, Food, Equipment, Music, Professionalism, etc.... the el princesa ( or something like that) was AMAZING. You can find it at the marina near the mall, right behind the harley davidson store.

You MUST DO THIS, if you are going snorkeling or want a catamaran booze cruise!

• Jungle Cruise in Cabo San Lucas Mexico

by cyberelephant2007 Updated Jul 19, 2007

DO NOT JOIN JUNGLE CRUISE UNLESS:

1) You enjoy paying cash and getting ripped off with no way to get your money back
    2) You enjoy going snorkeling inside the boat since they don't take you where they said they would
    3) You enjoy watered down alcohol
    4) If you are a single woman, you enjoy being gropped by teenagers
    5) You enjoy lunch from a supermarket
    6) You enjoy being on a boat for 4 hours under NO cover whatsoever
    7) You enjoy feeling cheated and ripped off in general

• Fun Snorkling Trip

by sh_rey_rey Updated Apr 29, 2007

I definitely recommend the Buccaneer Queen Treasure Hunt Snorkling Trip. It costs $55, but they have a really fun crew. They have an open bar, all you can drink alcohol and other beverages, fun music and games. They all dress up as if you are all on a pirate ship and have the music to match. They take you snorkling for about 40 minutes after a short boat trip. We saw a school of fish and other multicolored fish. They were fantastic to be able to see. The crew provides a lunch consisting of fruit and sandwiches. So just a great experience. They do try to get you to buy souvenirs such as shirts and pictures and would like a tip at the end, but that part is pretty standard, and again worth it. My boyfriend and I went and we both highly recommend it. It you're looking for a straight cultural experience this is not necessarily for you. The music is 99% in english, and music you can easily recognize, and the crew speaks fluent english. The ice is also okay to drink. But if you're looking for a fun relaxing tourist type time this is right up your alley.

• sundawn's Profile Photo

snorkleing

by sundawn Written Jan 31, 2006

We took a glass bottom boat to lovers beach we had about an hour there so we went snorkling there we so many amazing fish to see it was awesome

• Water Sports

• Goner's Profile Photo

If you like snorkeling,...

by Goner Updated Mar 16, 2004

Chileno Bay

If you like snorkeling, everyone says to go to Chileno Bay. It's about 15 kilometers from Cabo San Lucas on the way to San Jose Del Cabo. They rent snorkeling gear.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels