Getting arround town, Cabo San Lucas

Know about this? Rate It!

by callowayDUDE
    by nadiacabo
    by nadiacabo
  • juliogg's Profile Photo

Jeep rental

by juliogg Written Oct 17, 2011

IMO I think a car is a must in Cabo. Since you are only there for 4 days then make the best of it. A car/jeep will give you freedom to explore. Make sure your hotel gives you or has airport pick up. (expensive otherwise) Check out rentals in town. I seem to remember jeeps were cheaper there Go to MEDANOS beach. also go to the ME of MELIA hotel on Medanos beach. It has a great beach club. You can do all the water sports from there , including going to the Arch. IT is the place for beach activities.

• Adventure Travel

• No-Squeeze Airport Shuttle in Cabo

by Hokitika Updated Oct 27, 2010

Hi guys, I've been in Cabo San Lucas not long ago, it's a gorgeous place, we've had so much fun there, was unbelievable. We booked transportation before flying to Mexico, as we wanted things to go smoothly and they sure did! I absoltely hate waiting in the sun for the bus to fill in and squeeze keeping my daughter on my lap and my hand bag at the feet, wishing the ordeal to be over soon. Googling, I came across this really good website: insideloscabos com. It felt nice to chat with one of their on line operators, really friendly and to the point sort of person, I got answers to my questions about the area and tips on booking tours. He also didn't try to sell me all sorts of stuff, like many people try. Because we discussed the fee in advance we didn't have issues about it once we arrived. The shuttle was there for us, no dramas, no stress, air conditioning, chilled soda, very pleasant ride. The driver was fluent in English and because he made such a good impression we used their services to go to Todos Santos and La Paz. I found them honest and dedicated, they provided me with a lot of insight into the area and the people. I recommend these guys, they are true professionals: insideloscabos com

• Desert
    • Whale Watching

• Transportation Airport-hotel!!!

by jamie07 Written May 18, 2009

Hello, everybody!

Last month I traveled to Cabo San Lucas (Mexico), and I had the best time ever! it is an amazing place, with lots of things to do and it is so bright and colorful... people is very warm and welcoming, and everything seems to be desinged to make your stay the most pleasurable one!

Since then, I've been checking out several websites dedicated to give advice to american travelers, interested n visiting Cabo. And I have noticed many people need help deciding which transportation service should they hire.

So, I want to talk about my own experience. I really wanted this trip to be special, and that included having a good transportation company to take me and my family to our hotel. I didn't want to share with other people, since it usually means having to wait for others, or feeling the presure of others waiting for you.

I started searching on the web, and I honestly found many sites that seemed very good, they all offer many different options. But I found this site, Inside Los Cabos, and I thought it was the best. This company had exactly what I was looking for: private transfer, an English-Spanish speaking driver, and also, very reasonable prices (I wanted my trip to be perfect but not too expensive!).

I decided to hire their service to take us from the airport to our hotel, and I must say although I was expecting a good service, it exceeded what I expected! it was there just on time, so as I wanted I didn't have to wait, it took us right to our hotel, and the chauffer was very nice (as I said, people is very warm and welcoming!). Our suburban was very pretty (not that it matters, but its always nice), and it included bottled water, which is great, because the weather is too warm!

After they left us in our hotel, we had a great time, and we enjoyed the stay very, very much. it was all perfect, better than I planned!

Well, I just wanted to share my experience with everybody, I thought it could be useful to many people around the web.

I wish you the best trip ever!

--Jamie

• Private Transportation in Cabo

by nadiacabo Updated Apr 2, 2008

If you are a turist coming to beatiful Los Cabos, the best way to move around in hiring your private transportation, so you won´t have to worry about crazy drivers ! Highly recommended and you will find that it is almost same price like to hire a cab but with the difference that the driver speaks fluent English, knows about the area and will give you nice recommendations to shoop, eat, and get around.

I always recommend to turist people the private transportation , it is good price, with your own bilingual driver, fuel and insurance included normally in Suburbans or Vans.

There are many transportation companies in Cabo airport transfer are from 65 to 100 dlls max depending on where are you staying and some of them will make a stop at a supermarket for a small amount. And you can hire your transportation on an Oncall Basis 3, 6 or 12 hours! they will take you to shopping tours, night life tours, sighseeing tours, activities transfers etc!

Try it! you won´t regret it!

Some nice companies are:

www.brownsprivateservices.com
    www.cabovc.com

• Luxury Travel

• sayville's Profile Photo

Car Rental

by sayville Written Aug 31, 2007

We rented a car for the week. The resort we stayed at was within walking distance to town but we knew we wanted to go surfing and exploring so we rented a car. The car rental price wasnt bad however, insurance is about $25 US dollars a day. I was strongly advised to pay the insurance money. Cabs are expensive so the rental for us was the way to go.

• bfiesta's Profile Photo

Car rental

by bfiesta Updated Feb 18, 2007

We have rented a car every year for the past three years. We have rented from Budget and Enterprise. Its not cheap. We always spring for the extra insurance. We have learned to be patient. When you arrive at the car rental office expect to spend an hour waiting for your car. Don't be in a hurry! Your on Mexican time... more importantly, your on vacation! Again, take your time! We usually do not reserve a car ahead of time. We just goto one of the desks at the airport in Cabo. Always ask if they are running any specials. Expect to pay $400 for a week rental.

If you are staying in downtown Cabo or San Jose I would not rent a car. We always stay between Cabo and San Jose (known as the Tourist or Hotel Corridor). The drive from our hotel (The Westin) is a solid 15 minutes to Cabo and 10 minutes to San Jose. Plus we usually take a day trip to Todo Santos.

• josephljtwrk's Profile Photo

The agreement on Currency does matter!

by josephljtwrk Written Jul 6, 2006

My room overlooking the Marina!

We caught the water taxi, resort shuttle, and taxi cab to navigate from resort to restuarant and restuarant to resort. The most fun was the water taxi that we invested no more than 10 or 12 U.S. dollars for a family of five but it depended on our outspokeness. We Russell are too Bad. I should sometime explain how really you should agree upon expenses in American dollars and get change in American currency. There dollars are harder to spend and unwarrented. Anyhow we persisted in keeping control. It was great and mostly my brother had the cockiness to keep from getting screwed. It was the Mexican Familia's money he kept taking back whether they had it to give or not.

• Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel

• Cabo San Lucas is easily walkable

by cabonewlywed Written May 31, 2006

At first the place seems pretty big, but you'll quickly realize it's not. It's easily walkable and unless you're in ill health or drunk, you won't need to spend money on taxis. There are bicycle and water taxis though and those are fun.

• Walk or Taxis

by grkboiler Written Jan 19, 2004

The best way to get around Cabo San Lucas is to either walk or take a taxi. It is a small town, so everything is very close and you shouldn't have to walk more than 15 minutes to get from one spot to another.

Taxis are all over and will get you where you want to go. They are reasonably priced.

I would recommend against driving. Parking seems to be hard to come by. There is a ridiculously large parking garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall that is free to park in, but you still have to walk at least 5 minutes to get anywhere besides the mall.

• callowayDUDE's Profile Photo

Take the bus

by callowayDUDE Written Jun 26, 2010

We took the bus from our hotel to downtown, and it was only 8 pesos per person. Very much worth the time, it also gives you a sense of really being in Mexico, I personally enjoyed taking the bus.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

Other Transportation in Cabo San Lucas

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels