Boating, Cabo San Lucas

Know about this?

• No Propina?

by grkboiler Written Jan 21, 2004

Locals will try to be very helpful unloading your things from your water taxi at Lover's Beach. Unfortunately, they do not work for the taxis and will hit you up for a tip as soon as you get off the boat. I found it very annoying and got a little mad at the guy that was playing with my camera. Just a warning so they don't catch you by surprise.

I happened to bring my wallet, and only had one US dollar with me, so after I gave it to the one guy, the other "helper" approached me for another $1. I was carrying Canadian, so I went to give him a Canadian $5 which is worth more than US$3. He said "sorry no Canadian". This shocked me and I am still in disbelief as to why he wouldn't take triple the tip. So for those of you on the frugal side who don't want to hand out tips in Cabo, take Canadian money with you. (No offense, Canada)

• I would recommend to take...

by gsroman Written Oct 5, 2002

I would recommend to take mid-size boats at minimum when going to visit the tip of the Peninsula, because the currents are strong, and you could get scared if you are going on a little boat. I was on one of them and believe me, I couldn't enjoy the ride at its maximum because of that.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels