Know about this?
Locals will try to be very helpful unloading your things from your water taxi at Lover's Beach. Unfortunately, they do not work for the taxis and will hit you up for a tip as soon as you get off the boat. I found it very annoying and got a little mad at the guy that was playing with my camera. Just a warning so they don't catch you by surprise.
I happened to bring my wallet, and only had one US dollar with me, so after I gave it to the one guy, the other "helper" approached me for another $1. I was carrying Canadian, so I went to give him a Canadian $5 which is worth more than US$3. He said "sorry no Canadian". This shocked me and I am still in disbelief as to why he wouldn't take triple the tip. So for those of you on the frugal side who don't want to hand out tips in Cabo, take Canadian money with you. (No offense, Canada)
I would recommend to take...
I would recommend to take mid-size boats at minimum when going to visit the tip of the Peninsula, because the currents are strong, and you could get scared if you are going on a little boat. I was on one of them and believe me, I couldn't enjoy the ride at its maximum because of that.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cabo San Lucas Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Saudi Arabia Hotels
- Motherwell Hotels
- Bona Vista Hotels
- Goodsprings Hotels
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Public Transport
- Alabama Warnings and Dangers
- Murmansk Warnings and Dangers
- Ann Arbor Warnings and Dangers
- Magnetic Island Warnings and Dangers
- West Yellowstone Warnings and Dangers
- Yogyakarta Warnings and Dangers
- Border Crossings
- Bunbury Warnings and Dangers
- Prince George Warnings and Dangers
- Hana Warnings and Dangers
- San Marino Warnings and Dangers