Know about this?
Driving can be hazardous. The...
Driving can be hazardous. The road from the airport to Cabo San Lucas is a divided four lane road in most places. The road is fair, however, it's the other drivers you have to look out for. There appears to be no speed limit although there is. You will see little memorials along the road as a testiment to the number of people killed on that road. Don't look for courtesy drivers. There is no such thing in Cabo. It's everyone for themselves. Very little police presence attest to low crime rate. After all, where are they going to run to once they rob you? Someone mentioned sidewalks. Walk carefully in Cabo. Cobblestones seem to be the norm because all of the cement and concrete is being used to build new buildings. If you have a weak stomach, some of the not so nice smells may also get to you. Sanitation is not one of Cabo's or Mexico's high points.
Beware Budget Rental 1-way drop fees
When researching rental cars for Cabo we compared the rates of all agencies. We needed to have a 1-way car from Cabo to Loreto. Both have a number of major rental agencies to choose from.
When reviewing the "total price" submitted by the agencies Budget appeared to be the lowest by a wide margin. Instead of being suspicious, we booked; BAD MOVE.
When we arrived in Cabo, all was well till we got to the Budget booth. The agent presented us with an invoice that was three times the (alleged) estimate. It turns out that unlike the other car companies that honestly include the 1-way drop fee in the total, Budget hides the fee in the "fine print" of the contract.
This is not the first issue we've had with Budget but it will be the last as we'll never use them again.
- Business Travel
- Road Trip
When drivining on back roads make sure you are weary of the random donkeys roaming around. Also, running into cattle and or donkeys is the number one killer on Mexican roads!!!
- Adventure Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Cabo San Lucas Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Isla Holbox Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Martin Warnings and Dangers
- Hermosa Beach Warnings and Dangers
- Maine Warnings and Dangers
- Boston Warnings and Dangers
- Danger places
- Guanajuato Warnings and Dangers
- Den Bosch Warnings and Dangers
- Toulon Warnings and Dangers
- Banff National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Zhuhai Warnings and Dangers
- Olinda Warnings and Dangers