Safety Tips in Cabo San Lucas

• Don't walk alone at night, especially women!
    Don't walk alone at night, especially...
    by Usctwin

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Cabo San Lucas

• abramsonthego's Profile Photo

gas station attendants

by abramsonthego Written Nov 7, 2007

Basically, you give them 200 pesos, you are distracted briefly, and he tells you (and shows you ) that you only gave him 20. This happened to us once. Don't let it happen to you. Be pariticularly aware in the tourist areas and near the airport, obviously.

Drink enough fluids!

by toddakiyama Updated Jul 31, 2007

*If you're going to booze it up, make sure to drink enough water between all the beers and shots!

*Eileen, pictured here is drinking, but she's making sure to drink water too...smart girl!
    Now Whitcomb on the other hand......

• toddakiyama's Profile Photo

Drinking like a fish can.....

by toddakiyama Written Jul 31, 2007

*You'll have plenty of opportunities to drink all day and night

*If you plan to be in Cabo for more than a couple of days, make sure to pace yourself

*It seems that every single trip I have taken to Cabo, someone in my group has gotten tanked

Weather

by toddakiyama Updated Jul 31, 2007

*In the Morning or non-Summer months it may be a bit chilly in the earlier part of the day.

*I suggest you bring a sweatshirt with you.

*Eileen, pictured here had to wrap a towel around herself to stay warm, since it was a bit cooler in the morning while having breakfast

*Also, you may get a bit chilly at night too, especially if your having dinner outside

• themayocynic's Profile Photo

Visiting the glass-blowing factory

by themayocynic Written Jun 10, 2006

Take a cab, no matter how close you think you are to the glass-blowing factory. Our hotel gave us an [incorrect] map with places to go, including the glass-blowing factory. Definitely within walking distance even if the map was correct, but you leave the "tourist area." Trying to not look as lost as we were, a man walking toward us, holding a golf club (9 iron, I think) asked us what we were looking for. We said the glass blowing factory and he waved us to follow him. Very friendly, though the golf club was disconcerting, he walked us through what he called "the real Cabo," places you wouldn't see on a travel brochure. After many unsuccessful attempts to sell us drugs, he just suggested we give him a nice tip when we finally got to the factory.

• lil_traveller's Profile Photo

Peddlers on the beach

by lil_traveller Written Nov 20, 2004

Some...well actually a LOT of these people can be very pushy and don't know no means no. Although there are some very nice ones that you can easily talk to and have a good conversation with like my dad with.

• Summer33's Profile Photo

Montezumos Revenge

by Summer33 Written Sep 25, 2004

Need I say more?! I don't know what it is or where both my boyfriend and I got it from but just this slight sickness that can get cha, we didn't drink anything but bottled water and ate out except for a couple of breakfast's and dinners that we prepared in the room, whatever it was it stuck with us a couple of days after arriving home and kept my boyfriend in bed the night of my birthday. Nothing that will kill ya, but something...you know what I mean?

• Sonador3's Profile Photo

Beware of Bad Food

by Sonador3 Updated Mar 24, 2004

A lot has been made of the fact that you should be careful not to drink the water in Cabo, or in other parts of Mexico for that matter. And while that may be true, I've never had a problem with drinking water or with ice cubed in my drinks. I've always chalked that up to being a chef and having developed a resistance to food borne illnesses. I just thought I was immune.

Until a trip I made to Cabo San Lucas in 1997. I woke up and had a cup of coffee and a glass of juice, and thats it. About 4 hours later, I went to "Billigans Island" on Medano beach. At lunchtime I had shrimp tacos. I didn't notice anything wrong until about 8 hours later. I'll spare you the gory details, but I was so violently ill that by the next morning the hotel called a doctor to my room.

The moral, be very careful about anything you eat at Billigans Island. In fact, avoid it all together and go next door to the office where they have a decent kitchen instead of Billigans Bacteria Farm.

• Sailing and Boating

Pueblo Bonito Blanco
Solmar Suites
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

Cabo San Lucas Warnings and Dangers

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Cabo San Lucas locals.
Map of Cabo San Lucas