Other..., Cabo San Lucas

Know about this?

• Don't walk alone at night, especially women!
    Don't walk alone at night, especially...
    by Usctwin
  • Other...
    by lil_traveller
    yuck...spider!
    by Summer33
  • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Never felt unsafe, but dont walk alone at night!

by Usctwin Updated Jun 14, 2012

Don't walk alone at night, especially women!

While we never once felt unsafe in Cabo San Lucas, it is recommended that at night you take a taxi back to your hotel from downtown instead of walk, especially if you are a lone female.

The hotels have security gates that you have to go through and being in a taxi makes it easier. And ladies, the streets are all unpaved and uneven, so walking at night (don't wear heels!) can be hazardous.

And since most likely you're in a town that you're not familiar with, you might as well take a taxi so you don't get lost. Walking on the beach instead of through town feels safe as it's lit and police patrol the beaches during the evening hours. But if you're in downtown Cabo at the bars at night, take a taxi. You can catch one from pretty much any bar in the area.

• Jet Ski Rental BEWARE

by IMLIVINGOOD Written Jun 2, 2012

The Mexican Nemo Glass Bottom Boat owner also rents jet skiis by the Tobasco Bar on Medano Beach. The guy is a total scam artist. We rented skiis, marked the rental form with the damage on the bike before we took it out and when we returned he said there was "additional" damage in the same place as marked on the form! To top it off his rental form has on it if you contact the policia you have to pay him $100. We didn't damage the bike and the other bike we took out had no damage on it. They were quick to remove the undamaged bike and had 8 mexicans surround my daughter and I to intimidate us into paying for damage we didn't do. These guys at the jet ski rental by Tobasco bar by Club Cascadas are known to rip off cruise ship people. Wished I'd know that before I rented from them. Apparently the hotels have warned their guests not to use them. Now that the cruise ships are not coming to port in Cabo the economy is tough and the Mexican's are ripping off the tourists. Sad.

• Beaches

• GAS STATION

by rawtuna Updated Aug 24, 2011

I just saw the Gas station attendant, when you gave him 200 Peso, he shown you that you just gave 20 Peso. I had experience on this situation before. The gas station is the one locates at nearest National Car Rental (closer to Airport).
    Never go to pump the gas at this gas staion, the whole attendants are in group.

• Cabo Spiders!

by CaboWaboII Written Aug 4, 2007

Just spent a week in Cabo and had a blast! However; one little tip I would like to give is... Watch out for the F@#$!&@ HUMONGOUS SPIDERS! On our fouth night in Bonito Sunset Resort, we were walking up the stairs and the biggest spider we have ever seen was masking the stone step in front of us. I mean this thing was bigger then a tarantula. Over the next few days we seen them around at night and were comletely paranoid. Our neighbor stated that their friends found one in their room and smashed. I will post a pic when i get it downloaded.

• Spa and Resort

• Don't eat at Lans

by cabonewlywed Written May 31, 2006

The menu for this restaurant sounds good, but it's not. It's a chinese place off the marina and the staff doesn't understand English and the food's not prepared very well. Save yourself a trip and don't bother.

• Cover your wallets

by Sixstringjunkie Written Feb 17, 2006

I don't want to scare anyone with this because I myself have never had any issues there with theft, however I wouldn't count it out.
    While I was on my whale watching tour, the guide told us something very funny yet true..
    "Things never get lost in mexico, they just find new owners" lol.. its very true however.
    The country is still mexico regardless of how nice it is. The people I met there are very friendly however I can't speak for everyone who lives there. You should take this advice for any place you travel really. Think if you are a mexican living there and you see some tourists in your land. Tourist = $$$.. they can add it together.

• jag17's Profile Photo

Have Fun and Be Safe

by jag17 Updated Oct 28, 2005

I have been to Cabo San Lucas 6 times, and absolutely love it. Safety has never been an issue. I have never been approached about purchasing drugs, but my male friend was approached several times as we walked down the street. We also ran across some very "friendly" local ladies at Squid Roe. They were extremely obvious, and blatant in what they were offering. They mostly seemed to be out and about on the week-ends.

• lil_traveller's Profile Photo

Starting at a young age...

by lil_traveller Updated Nov 24, 2004

We were walking on the streets going to some stores and we were approached by a young girl probably 3 years old or so and she was trying to get us to buy some gum from her. How can you say no to such a cute kid? Along with their parents , these young kids are already trying to make a living I guess you could say. She was so cute I wanted to take her home with me but haha I didn't.

Walking in the night...

by lil_traveller Written Nov 3, 2004

My sister and I sometimes went walking around at night and I must say, you have to be careful. Mexicans can be creeps and try to pick you up, asking if you have a boyfriend and whistle at you and look you up and down as you walk past them. I would advise not to walk alone if you are a girl because it is worse being approached than if you are a guy.

• lil_traveller's Profile Photo

LOTS of people trying to sell stuff on the beach!

by lil_traveller Written Nov 3, 2004

Wether it be on the beach or on the streets, sometimes you may get surrounded by many Mexicans , children included, trying to get you to but things. Some can be pushy and in some cases where it is so bad, it's better to just ignore them and wak away. Beware if you are a young lady or just a woman in general, the Mexicans approach you more and say things like, oh, you can have it for free...it's not true! One mexican guy even tried to grab my arm and that made me angry and I was more careful.

• Summer33's Profile Photo

BUGS!

by Summer33 Written Sep 25, 2004

yuck...spider!

The bugs are so disgusting, huge bugs I've never seen before in my life and dragonfly's everywhere, not they will hurt anyone but there were definetly spiders as you can see from this picture I took of the hallway after walking back from dinner. that was a big spider, and both of us ended up with bug bites that looked and itched like mosquito bites yet we never once saw a mosquito....it freaks me out just thinking about it!

• Goner's Profile Photo

Security at the Airport

by Goner Written Mar 17, 2004

Mr. Crab

This is not really a warning, it actually made me feel more secure. Security has tightened at the airport. I was wanded and my suitcase was searched - nothing but dirty laundry however. The security people are very serious so don't try joking with them, they don't laugh.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

• Cabo's sidewalks are not often...

by Tropical_Guy Written Oct 4, 2002

Cabo's sidewalks are not often very smooth. Even in the tourist areas downtown they're cracked and uneven. Didn't hear about or see any crime, but the lay of the land presents opportunities after dark. Use common sense when consuming water & other local beverages. Don't drink right out of the creek.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels