Time Shares, Cabo San Lucas

Know about this?

• Fiestamericana

by yotte61 Updated Oct 2, 2011

I live in New England. I have owned Fiestamerica timeshares since 2003. I use my points at least once a year right here in the USA. Fiestamericana adds direct connections almost every year - Hawai, Portugal, Scotland, USA. In addition, these points can be exchanged for overseas travel to almost anywhere in the world. Their Customer Service reps, although not so friendly on the phone, commumicate in a professional manner.

• Don't buy into any of their timeshares, especially

by char428 Written Aug 2, 2011

Especially Fiesta Americana, It is better to get a US timeshare which you can use in Mexico or elsewhere. They don't have the motto the customer comes first - their motto is the customer comes last. You will be stuck into something and limited by their rules, the fact that thier website has been down for at least 6 months, the staff will hang up on you if they don't like your attitude

• False public bus.

by Cerimon Written Jun 1, 2010

Let me say first that my wife and I had an incredible time in Feb, 2010 in Cabo San Lucas. We stayed at the Hilton and discovered that taking the public bus to and from Cabo San Lucas and San Jose were much cheaper then taking a taxi. We would walk to the bus stop that was just outside of the Hilton and the Cabo real, which was just next door. At the main entrance would usually be a representative of a time share that would try to get you to go view a time share, we always politely said no thank you and go to the bus stop. most buses would arrive within minutes to as long as 15 minutes. We sat and waited for a longer then usual time and were joined by several other hotel guests while waiting, they were also approached by the time share reps as they exited the hotel grounds. A bus pulled up to the bus stop and was strangely empty but appeared to be a regular public bus, but when I tried to give the driver the fair he said there was no fare needed. I immediately got off the bus and told the rest of the group not to get on. The bus driver was going to take us to a time share. That truly was our only bad experience in Mexico. Beware of unmarked buses and drivers that wont take your fare.

• Getting Sucked In for Time Shares

by grkboiler Written Jan 19, 2004

I have a timeshare here. It is great and I love it. But I will warn you - if you are not serious about buying a timeshare, don't get sucked in by the people offering 90 minute tours of timeshares for sale.

Why? Its NEVER 90 minutes! Sure, the free breakfast is great, but do you really want to waste your time walking around and seeing how great the ceramic tile in the bathroom is when you would rather be on the beach or snorkeling or walking around town?

The bottom line is that you will lose a half day of sun and beautiful weather. Too many people who didn't want a timeshare or weren't sure have come out of the showings disappointed at all the time they wasted. Enjoy your vacation! If you want nothing to do with timeshares, tell them you already own one.

• The people in Cabo will tell...

by klundstrom Written Oct 4, 2002

The people in Cabo will tell you anything you want to hear to get your money. We were told we were going on a whale watching tour on the Oceanus. This boat did not go anywhere near where there would be whales. I was very clear to the man we bought this cruise from that we wanted to go whale watching.
    We signed up for another whale watching cruise and they canceled it without telling us. We found out after taking a taxi to the location and waiting around for 45 minutes.
    STAY AWAY FROM THE TIMESHARE PEOPLE. They will blatantly lie to you. We were promised a 70 minute 'tour' and after 3 hours we walked out. This is very important. The time share people will hound you and promise you many goodies. It's not worth your time.

Instant Answers: Cabo San Lucas

Comments

View all Cabo San Lucas hotels